Comments Thread For: Cotto vs Trout Title Clash Set For December 1 at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy *****. Didn't see that one coming!

Comment

Great comeback fight against a good JMW fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
        Holy *****. Didn't see that one coming!
        Me too! I was expecting Bundrage all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
          Not gonna lie, I've never seen Trout fight.

Time for youtube

Oh and this better be on HBO, not a worthy PPV, just my opinion.
          Trout beat Canelo's bro

Comment

Cotto all day. Cotto is back. Im predicting this to be the 2nd coming of the Quintana fight

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Why is that? Bundrage-Cotto would've been an all action fight and for a belt. All Trout has is that bs belt unless that's considered a real one too ? And much riskier. With the IBF strap on him he could've unified with Canelo.
              I don't like Bundrage's style to be honest. It's like watching a sloppy MMA fight to me. Could be an action-packed fight... but it could also be a bad skills mismatch in favor of Cotto. I see Trout as more challenging for him, because Cotto is going to be the one pressing the action inside, rather than boxing.

Comment

Good, respectable fight. In a way i'm happy it isn't someone of higher profile or I would have had to pay for a trip that I can't afford at the moment.

War Cotto!

Comment

Cotto Is A Man; He Can Move On From Pacquiao. Marquez Can't

Cotto got destroyed by Manny when they fought 3 years younger ago. No way does a rematch end well for Cotto. Styles make fights. Cotto pounded Mayweather 12 rounds still losing a decision. Manny dropped Cotto twice before the ref stopping the fight. Cotto submitted to Arum again this time he'd fight Manny at 150. He decides on Trout instead and that's wise. JMM will get his if given a 4th shot at Manny. If JMM couldn't get it done 3 previous times younger, and closer to his prime, he definitely won't get it done at 40 years old against Manny. PAC stops JMM this 4th time and that will be the last we hear of the guy who has ducked Erik Morales his entire career.
                  Last edited by tlarry; 08-31-2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Let's Go Miguel! and the NEW !!

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      Man Idk, whatever. These sanctioning bodies and their belts.

EDIT: Just checked the RING and they don't have the WBA next to Trout's name.
                      That's cause Cotto's WBA super champ without meeting either of their criteria (10 defenses or unification). So the regular WBA belt was vacant for Trout to win against Canelo's brother.

Regardless of the belt situation, props to Cotto for taking this risky fight, Bundrage would have been more straightforward.
                      Last edited by HeroBando; 08-31-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X