No announcement yet.

Mayweather new demeanor and motivation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather new demeanor and motivation

Let me start by saying I am a huge Mayweather fan. Have been since he turned pro and I love the small little things he does in the ring that no fighter does. In his comeback, however, I've seen a different Mayweather. BEfore it was about how he was the best, coulnd't be beat, fighting for legacy, etc, etc. Now in interviews hes basically saying he doesn't care who the pound for pound best is and he doesn't fight for bragging rights, only checks. IF this is true sooner or later Floyd is going to get KTFO. Maybe it won't be Marquez to do it but to be the best and elite, you have to strive for that and not only be there for the money. He said something interesting like what he learned in retirement is whatever God gives you he can take it away. Now I kind of read that as maybe he's only back because he needs the money. I hope not. Floyd has always been a workaholic in the gym and always made sure he wasn't going to put in less work than his opponent. Now if it's only money that motivates him, hes gonna get the money regardless of what happens with the fight so maybe he won't work as hard. Now I hope his ego is as big as always and he really is motivated to keep his 0 intact but something just seems different.

Originally posted by jrv1932 View Post
    Let me start by saying I am a huge Mayweather fan. Have been since he turned pro and I love the small little things he does in the ring that no fighter does. In his comeback, however, I've seen a different Mayweather. BEfore it was about how he was the best, coulnd't be beat, fighting for legacy, etc, etc. Now in interviews hes basically saying he doesn't care who the pound for pound best is and he doesn't fight for bragging rights, only checks. IF this is true sooner or later Floyd is going to get KTFO. Maybe it won't be Marquez to do it but to be the best and elite, you have to strive for that and not only be there for the money. He said something interesting like what he learned in retirement is whatever God gives you he can take it away. Now I kind of read that as maybe he's only back because he needs the money. I hope not. Floyd has always been a workaholic in the gym and always made sure he wasn't going to put in less work than his opponent. Now if it's only money that motivates him, hes gonna get the money regardless of what happens with the fight so maybe he won't work as hard. Now I hope his ego is as big as always and he really is motivated to keep his 0 intact but something just seems different.
    Good post.

I agree with it too. I'm waiting for the 24/7's to see if his new demeanor really changed or not. I hope it hasn't, because it's what really made him the best up there....

Comment

Floyd likes to keep people guessing.

You know. Keeps them on their toes.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
        Floyd likes to keep people guessing.

You know. Keeps them on their toes.
        True, like he said no one really knows Mayweather not even his own momma...lol

Comment

Floyd has always had the desire to be competitive and the best. You don't just lose that on a year and a half hiatus. He has a fight with JMM, and he is focused on that at the moment.

I would be shocked if Floyd did not revert to the Hatton-persona once the fight with Pacquiao is made. Too many people are slapping PBF in the face with the Pacquiao is the best discussion for it not to stir the competitive fire within him. I think he just wants to take care of business with JMM, before addressing the naysayers.

Comment

Originally posted by jrv1932 View Post

Did he say in that interview that he is not going to train or try to win the fight against Marquez because he doesn't care if he gets ktfo because he only cares about the paycheck? Published reports said Mayweather had been training for three or four months before the Marquez fight was announced. If all he cared about was the money, why would he do that? Why not just show up on fight night out of shape and fall down when he gets hit like a lot of guys have? Everyone in boxing is fighting for the money, even if they don't say it openly like Mayweather does. Do you think Bill Gates started Microsoft because he liked computers? No one goes into boxing because they like to get hit. Do you actually think Oscar De La Hoya was only willing to give Mayweather and Pacquaio 30 percent of the purse because he cared about his legacy? Do yo think Pacquaio originally wanted 60 percent of the purse against Hatton because he was motivated by recognition as the P4P champion?

The only difference between Mayweather and De La Hoya and Pacquaio is that Mayweather talks openly about the money, which turns a lot of people off. However, Oscar and Pac are every bit as greedy and focused on money. They just don't/didn't talk about it publicly.

Comment

Of course every fighter is fighting for money but lately Floyd has been making it seem that's all he cares about. There's a difference between not training at all and slacking just the slightest bit. That slightest bit is what seperates the best from others. Like I said I hope this is not the case because he is my favorite fighter

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              Did he say in that interview that he is not going to train or try to win the fight against Marquez because he doesn't care if he gets ktfo because he only cares about the paycheck? Published reports said Mayweather had been training for three or four months before the Marquez fight was announced. If all he cared about was the money, why would he do that? Why not just show up on fight night out of shape and fall down when he gets hit like a lot of guys have? Everyone in boxing is fighting for the money, even if they don't say it openly like Mayweather does. Do you think Bill Gates started Microsoft because he liked computers? No one goes into boxing because they like to get hit. Do you actually think Oscar De La Hoya was only willing to give Mayweather and Pacquaio 30 percent of the purse because he cared about his legacy? Do yo think Pacquaio originally wanted 60 percent of the purse against Hatton because he was motivated by recognition as the P4P champion?

The only difference between Mayweather and De La Hoya and Pacquaio is that Mayweather talks openly about the money, which turns a lot of people off. However, Oscar and Pac are every bit as greedy and focused on money. They just don't/didn't talk about it publicly.

Comment

i hope he's 100 percent.

i want to see some good fights.

Comment

Working...
                X