Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Canelo Got Better and Better Since Mayweather Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    on what basis, he beat washed up cotto, scraped a win against lara, looked like he was struggling against khan too, why are people so convinced hes improved. still looks the same fighter in there to me, wasnt some novice against mayweather, didnt he have like 40 fights or something like that, seem to remember people saw him as a legitimate threat to mayweather after beating trout, now its been revised that he was some kind of rookie who had no chance. fact is he stunk out the joint and got embarrased.
    Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
    honestly I don't see the improvement either,maybe a little but what I do think he gained was a lot of experience,i mean facing boxers like Floyd,cotto,trout,those guys help a lot,but yeah I think sometimes you don't improve much but if you keep winning that's what counts,,,i just think for me to call him great he needs to beat golovkin and maybe charlo,but for now I think he's an avg fighter
    Do some of you guys just post to see your $het in color? If you cant see he sets traps, feint and has improved his defensive skills..ie.....shoulder roll. You guys are not boxing fans for the art of it yall are groupies of certain boxers.. I'm not a Canelo fan but I'm not going to deny he has improved either.

Comment

He's fought one decent prime fighter since then in Lara and arguably lost. His power is so overrated, he doesn't get anyone decent out of there, only the bums and glass jaw guys. Lately it's just the cherry pick train moving down the tracks.

Comment

Yeah, Canelo is better than he was back then but he still wants to delay the Golovkin fight until GGG is totally washed up.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          Canelo is a counterpuncher. He has improved his defense and counterpunching ability.

Don't know why some here fail to see it, plus now he sets up traps and is moving his opponent where he wants them.

But his problem is that he IS a counter puncher. When he presses a fight he don't look that good because of those slow legs which have not improved a bit
          Agree! Say Bernard is spot on. He's not light footed boxer but for a big boy his upper body movement is aiite.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            ..wasnt some novice against mayweather, didnt he have like 40 fights or something like that, seem to remember people saw him as a legitimate threat to mayweather after beating trout, now its been revised that he was some kind of rookie who had no chance.
            Realest shit in this thread.

Comment

He learned never drain yourself drain the other guy

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                Yeah, Canelo is better than he was back then but he still wants to delay the Golovkin fight until GGG is totally washed up.
                He learned it worked against Pacquaio

Comment

Working...
                X