Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Castellanos Drops Gamboa Twice, Makes Him Quit After Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    All due respect to Castellanos. No doubt. But he was never a name. Gamboa was. That's why the focus is on Yuri. The rise, the fall, the upset, the quit. You know.
    And? He is a warrior and won the fight with all the disadvantages:

-35 years old.

-Being a natural fighter of the 122 or 126 pounds.

-14 months without a fight.

Precisely that kind of victories are more valuables, when you are the huge underdog.

Comment

• Tenga para que se entretenga!

Comment

• loma is ducking gamboa.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          If it was me, I'd like to think I'd go out on my shield. But it wasn't me. It was a man who's been fighting his whole life. And faced with the fact that he had reached the end of his road decided to end it the way he did...just walking away. I'm not sure I can find fault in that. It was his personal decision.
          Got zero problem with him walking away. Just take a knee for 10 Seconds. He didnt wanna go out for the next round? Dont even go out for the next round. He could have done it at the end of the previous round. The round before, the round after, I dont care. Just dont do it on the stool, thats all Im Saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Gamboa lost?!??

To a 23-12 fighter??
            lol stick a fork in gamboa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Typically I think the whole "Fighter A took Fighter B's soul" thing is way overplayed -- but in this case I think that it's actually the case.

Gamboa got f**king wrecked that night and has never even come remotely close to looking the same since he did previous to that loss
              He got timid, but he had a lot of the same flaws that more people then Crawford would have exposed if he fought more often.

Comment

• Esta noche el ciclón no llegó ni a categoría de viento platanero.

Comment

• Damn man. He was one of my very favorite fighters before he signed with 50. Sucks to see him go out this way.

Comment

• Mexican cab driver destroys Gold medalist, ex champ.

Cuban defectors must be living it up in Miami, coke/women/Bacardi = burnout.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                      Look. We Know he wasnt going anywhere, even had he Won. That Said, I think he Won the last 2 rounds, and I pretty much had The Fight even. Why quit in your Last Fight? Go out for 6 More Minutes. If ya get KO'd so be it. Heck, if he dont wanna go anymore, take a knee, and let them count him out. Now his Last Fight will always be a quit. I dont Know, man. I dont like it. I never liked quitting. If he wants to quit, just take a knee for 10 Seconds when he got hit. That would look 100 Times better than quitting.
                      Seems you're more concerned about the perception. Whether he quits on his stool or the way you suggested, he's still quitting and he would know.

Comment

Working...
                      X