Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is a hard puncher, there is no doubt about it

First to land wins....

Comment

Gets me how Al Haymon has managed to find 36 opponents in a row all absolutely incapable of circling away from a right hand. Power is nice to have but it'll only get you so far. When his opposition level goes up and he starts fighting guys who can take it or take it away from him we'll see what we all know that the guy has absolute **** all else in his locker.

He hits hard, very hard but I'm not convinced he hits as hard as others seem to think. When a guy gets a K.O in boxing its like fans instantly forget all that happens prior.
      Szpilka has a terrible chin and did you see how many flush shots he took before that chin finally gave out? I honestly don't for the life of me see an Ortiz, Wlad, AJ, Haye needing to land that much to get him out. 1 flush shot from any and he's probably done.

He isn't getting even these bums out of there that impressively, nothing that hasn't been done before in much better fashion and for most part, many times.

Comment

LoL yeah, like they say, everyone has a puncher's chance

Comment

He has the hardest right hand I think that's obvious. Idk if he's the hardest with both hands

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Wladimir has one punch K.O'd much better, proven and tougher opposition.
            Wilder has fought one guy who was semi decent and failed to stop him.

He stopped Szpilka, Liakovich who hasn't won a meaningful fight in going on 10-15 years, Audley Harrison like big deal who hasn't?

He hits hard for sure but lets wait and until his opposition goes up at least.

Joshua has shared several common opponents and took them all out in far better fashion and has a K.O win over Wlad too

Like seriously who has he stopped?

Wlad systematically breaks opponents down with 1-2s, tires them with his signature grab and lean, then goes for the kill. Wilder touches you and you go to sleep.

Wlad's best KO was against Pulev whom complained about his feet sinking in the ring and limiting his mobility. It was later found out Wlad was using this to cheat by Fury's team. After that it's who, Thompson? Prime Peter ate his shots a full 12 rounds, Ibragimov went a full 12, blown up cruiserweight Haye went full 12, Wach went 12, Jennings 12, Fury 12 etc.

The best guys on his resume beat him, it's an incredibly average resume. Pre-cheat days, before all the grabbing and leaning that's when he was aggressive like Wilder but was getting KO'd by Brewster, Purrity, Sanders etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              Wlad systematically breaks opponents down with 1-2s, tires them with his signature grab and lean, then goes for the kill. Wilder touches you and you go to sleep.

Wlad's best KO was against Pulev whom complained about his feet sinking in the ring and limiting his mobility. It was later found out Wlad was using this to cheat by Fury's team. After that it's who, Thompson? Prime Peter ate his shots a full 12 rounds, Ibragimov went a full 12, blown up cruiserweight Haye went full 12, Wach went 12, Jennings 12, Fury 12 etc.

The best guys on his resume beat him, it's an incredibly average resume. Pre-cheat days, before all the grabbing and leaning that's when he was aggressive like Wilder but was getting KO'd by Brewster, Purrity, Sanders etc.

Wladimir had just as many one punch K.Os early in his career when he was a prospect - Wilder as a world champion is still fighting that sort of opposition 38 fights in and counting. Wladimir proved his power levels above that, Wilder hasn't to this day.

Wilder this alleged monsterous puncher can't even stop a total defenseless, dehydrated punchbag in Stiverne and took 9 rounds to stop Chris Arreola in the worst shape of his life. An Arreola whose durability is long gone.
              Hell he needed 7? to stop Molina a guy who AJ, Arreola and Christ knows who else flattened inside 1 round. He hit him with the kitchen sink, Arreola and AJ and someone else I forget practically needed 1 shot and he was done.

Wladimirs power is proven at a far higher level than Wilders. Wladimir has knocked out many world class fighters and proven granite chinned operators. Wilder hasn't stopped a single opponent worth a damn. Do you honestly think even a 41yr old Wlad needs 7-8 to put away a Molina type?

Wladimir knocked out Chambers with a glancing blow, destroyed Pulev, left Meza out cold with his body bent in half, he stopped the crafty underrated as hell Chris Byrd, just dropped AJ like a lump of lead with a single right hand. Stopped peak Peter, prime Thompson, put Ray Austin out, only fighter to drop Povetkin & multiple times, Brock, Brewster, McCline, the tough as nails Mercer the list goes on.
              Wilder has fought about 3 guys inside the top 40 and I don't think he has so much as dropped a single one.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

"You know what the difference is between me and all the other HW's? The way I knock MOFUGGAS OUT!" - Deontay WIlder
                I don't know about the most powerful puncher but maybe the most athletic and quickest in the HW division. I think we saw the two biggest punchers in the division last night.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  ^Pretty much what he said.

Deontay is like the Randall Bailey of the heavyweight division. His attitude that he doesn't need skills because he has power is going to limit his growth.
                  ... except that Wilder, in his last ten fights but particularly in his last 6, has continued to show plenty of skill. Educated jab/lead hand, setting up shots with good movement, changing of his headslot, effectively executing a gameplan, etc.

His game is still evolving, but he walks into any fight with that equalizer.

Comment

That hop at the end doe...technique on point lol

Comment

Opposition makes a diference, he hasnt had any aside from Berman Stiverne possibly and he went the distance. We will see, there is no doubt he is powerful but it will take more than that to rule the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X