No announcement yet.

Joshua vs klitchcko its here and the gloves are off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Totally irrelevant but I really like that oldschool style fight poster in your sig.
    Yea, isn't that cool? Saw it on the wiki page for the rematch and had to sig it. Hope this type of clever art is a sign of positive things to come in the promotion for the rematch. Would really like to see them sell the fight this time. It's up to Roc Nation...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      ^That might be it. At first, I liked that he seemed soft-spoken and humble, but I'm getting the impression that he's just devoid of personality. And, all this talk of how intelligent he is, a calm demeanor + cliches does not = intelligence.
      Not that he's stupid or that I have anything against AJ, I just can't find a lot to like. He seems like an empty shell. I'll give him some time.

Also, WTF is up with all the "we'll find out" in this video?? You guys can't tell each other, "I'm going to beat you."??
      You cant add personality m8...either your an ali and extroverted or your just quiet...lewis was slated for the same thing but he was the best heavyweight in the ring.....the question you need to ask yourself fox is would you rather your son grew up to be an adrien broner or anthony joshua...yes he has a past but most yong tearaways do who get into boxing at a young age...joshua is the goods in the ring and thats what matters in the end.....even canelo alvarez has very little personality reallly

Comment

Shows like face off amd gloves are off are supposed to create heat and drama between boxers and these two guys are boring as fuk. Show sucked.

We need ones like Hopkins-Pasquel and wlad-david

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the video. I can understand why people find it boring, but for me it was a fascinating psychological game. Something quite different than usual 'I'll knock you out, etc'

but don't be fooled, Wlad was trying to get an edge and IMO he succeeded. AJ is a very likeable guy, he has a deep personality and I think it goes deeper than boxing. He doeant show it all, so people confuse him to not be much. He is eager to learn, to improve and he can put his ego to side - something that's very rare with boxers. Only thing in this one, I dont like he is quite submissive to Wlad, but he might be above 'the game' in which case I admire the kid even more.

I am a long time Wlad's fan, but I will feel bad if AJ looses.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            ^That might be it. At first, I liked that he seemed soft-spoken and humble, but I'm getting the impression that he's just devoid of personality. And, all this talk of how intelligent he is, a calm demeanor + cliches does not = intelligence.
            Not that he's stupid or that I have anything against AJ, I just can't find a lot to like. He seems like an empty shell. I'll give him some time.

Also, WTF is up with all the "we'll find out" in this video?? You guys can't tell each other, "I'm going to beat you."??
            I used to think Joshua might be a brainless robot with no personality but when I watched him commentating on the Haye-Bellew fight I changed my mind. He was very well spoken and seemed much more intelligent than I had given him credit for in the past. I think he was a lot more relaxed in that situation and that's why he was able to show his smarts and personality. In this face off with Klitschko he's a little nervous and in a situation that he's uncomfortable with....That doesn't make him unintelligent and without personality. I'm willing to bet that this is a man of character. He's just not interested in acting like some crazy, drunken goon after the bar closes. I think he would feel ashamed to behave like that.

Comment

I counted 2 Fistbumps

Fxckin gay's

I miss Tyson Fury

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                I used to think Joshua might be a brainless robot with no personality but when I watched him commentating on the Haye-Bellew fight I changed my mind. He was very well spoken and seemed much more intelligent than I had given him credit for in the past. I think he was a lot more relaxed in that situation and that's why he was able to show his smarts and personality. In this face off with Klitschko he's a little nervous and in a situation that he's uncomfortable with....That doesn't make him unintelligent and without personality. I'm willing to bet that this is a man of character. He's just not interested in acting like some crazy, drunken goon after the bar closes. I think he would feel ashamed to behave like that.
                Some fighters just do there talking in the ring....i can see why people think joshua is without personality as he is quiet but i think hes the sort of fighter that changes from a quiet kid into a beast in the ring.
                In a strange kind of way that will make boxers underestimate him in the ring and will be shocked at the transformation into a killer....its worked so far thats all i can say

Comment

Funnily enough, straight after this one I watched Wlad-Tyson gloves are off... It is so apparent that wlad underestimated Tyson, both mentally and skill wise. He used the same formula, that wasn't really well prepared for Tyson. tyson came on top with very specific comments and analysis.

This time, Wlad, at least mentally, is in a much better place. He feels much more 'in control'. I remember the comment wlad made just before the rematch that never happened. He said: 'I need to treat tyson as an idiot.' At first, I found this one very strange, but now it makes much more sense.

Tyson is much less predictive, doesn't care how he comes across, says many unsmart things, but as such he is very dangereous for someone as analytical as wlad. I think that was partially what made wlad so uncomfortable in the whole tyson battle. AJ is diametrically opposite and I think that's Wlad's chance.

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
                    I counted 2 Fistbumps

Fxckin gay's

I miss Tyson Fury
                    Go to a circus and see a clown if you want to be amused..i wanna see knockouts

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                      Go to a circus and see a clown if you want to be amused..i wanna see knockouts
                      Knock yourself out....

Cos that's the only way you will see one
                      Joshua getting klinched to death

Comment

Working...
                      X