Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Hi Tech" Lomachenko vs "Money" Mayweather @ 130 lbs / 9 Stone 4: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

They are both complete boxers, which is why the fight is so intriguing.
    just my opinion. dont know why lom spent so much time fighting amateurs. wtf

btw, no one ko's may

Comment

First of all, I made that post waaaay before the Sosa fight. And what does this statement really mean anyway?

I am not giving him "equal" credit for beating lower opponents, he is fighting the opponents he is fighting because that's where he is in this stage of his career, which is still very much as fast track as is. How can I put him in the same conversation as Floyd? Because I value my eye test and I know talent and skill when I see it, I don't need to compare resumes here, it isn't about who is greater historically, it's about who would win, and in the ring, your opponents don't matter. Sure, experience etc helps, but your past opponents aren't going to get tag teamed in to save you if you get into trouble. Experience only gets you so far.

I didn't need to see Floyd beat Corrales, or ODLH, or Augustus to know he was the real deal either.

I didn't need to see Fury beat Wlad to know he was capable of it and more.

You can sit behind the whole "I need to see him beat X fighter to call him legit" fallacy that 70% of NSB likes to hide behind because their ability to assess talent is limited, but I have far too much confidence in my knowledge of this sport to wait for that. Even if a fighter loses in a big fight, it's just one loss and it doesn't mean he wasn't as good as people thought, it just means he got bested that day by that opponent.
      Where did I say he has to beat fighter x to be legit?

I have acknowledged Loma's talent same as you. My issue (using a team sport analogy) is loma has shown his talent in the early stages of the regular season while Floyd has shown his in the post season and in championship games, which is why I think the comparison is unfair.

I am not against the eye test you employ. If I show the same skill climbing Mt. Everest as you have the Pocono mtns, then your eye test needs to factor in the increased degree of difficulty.
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 04-10-2017, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
        A better poll would be 8 pro fight floyd vs 8 pro fight loma at 130lb. There's a tangible comparison with that.
        *sigh*

So a 19-20 year old Floyd with 90 am fights and 8 pro fights vs a 29/30 year old Loma with 400 amateur fights and 8 pro fights? Yeah, good one mate. Real tangible comparison there.

Man, people get hilariously blinded to their BS when it comes to this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          *sigh*

So a 19-20 year old Floyd with 90 am fights and 8 pro fights vs a 29/30 year old Loma with 400 amateur fights and 8 pro fights? Yeah, good one mate. Real tangible comparison there.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            *sigh*

So everyone comes into pro boxing with the same amateur experience? Why do people think having more amateur fights makes a fighter more pro ready? Floyd and loma both reached the pinnacle of amateur boxing...pro boxing is a different thing altogether. The salido fight proved that...you think loma would have lost to salido as an amateur? I guess no young prospects should fight guys 8-10 years older either...

Comment

Who has better defense in this video, Sosa or Floyd?

Comment

So everyone comes into pro boxing with the same amateur experience? Why do people think having more amateur fights makes a fighter more pro ready? Floyd and loma both reached the pinnacle of amateur boxing...pro boxing is a different thing altogether. The salido fight proved that...you think loma would have lost to salido as an amateur? I guess no young prospects should fight guys 8-10 years older either...
                Because it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever boxed, ever?

When people say "pro is different from the amateurs" they are referring to longer rounds, scoring differences, and at times the mentality you need to have, killer instinct vs points for example.

Amateur experience absolutely is relevant in the pros, if you think otherwise you are a flat out idiot.

What's next, someone saying minor leagues is irrelevant experience for the MLB? D-league is irrelevant experience compared to the NBA?

Comment

Because it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever boxed, ever?

When people say "pro is different from the amateurs" they are referring to longer rounds, scoring differences, and at times the mentality you need to have, killer instinct vs points for example.

Amateur experience absolutely is relevant in the pros, if you think otherwise you are a flat out idiot.

What's next, someone saying minor leagues is irrelevant experience for the MLB? D-league is irrelevant experience compared to the NBA?

I didn't say it was irrelevant...but once you attain the level of an olympic caliber amateur, what more is there to achieve? There has been a lot of top amateurs that have flopped as pros. When discussing guys like floyd and loma, it comes down to talent. So how many more amateur fights would have prepared loma for salido?

Comment

Floyd stops Loma and makes it look easy. How is this even a serious question? What has Loma ever done is his career other than LOSE to the likes of Orlando Salido?

Comment

I didn't say it was irrelevant...but once you attain the level of an olympic caliber amateur, what more is there to achieve? There has been a lot of top amateurs that have flopped as pros. When discussing guys like floyd and loma, it comes down to talent. So how many more amateur fights would have prepared loma for salido?
                      You wrecked Loadedwraps

Comment

Working...
                      X