Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG: Margarito & ODLH had problems with smaller guy (Pacquiao)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    lol @ because he's a foreigner with broken english.

You guys act like Golovkin/K2 didn't first try and fight Canelo, Saunders, Jacobs & Eubank. You leave that out (for obvious reasons). Brook was only settled on after these guys passed on Golovkin and Hearn offered a good deal in the UK after working together for weeks on the Eubank fight.

Look, everyone knows it's a crappy fight. Golovkin fans on NSB aren't happy about it either (besides like two trolls). It sucks it came to this but that's boxing right now - there are a lot of guys ducking in this sport and guys like Golvokin & Rigondeaux can't even come close to getting the top guys in their division (just like Golovkin, Rigondeaux couldn't get LSC, Frampton or Quigg in his own division so Rigondeaux has had to settle on fighting some crappy opponents. It is what it is).
    I was hoping you'd respond because right after I posted that you did the exact same thing I mentioned. You blamed K2 instead of putting any blame on Golovkin. I just posted a video of Hunter talking about how they couldn't get a top 10 LHW fight for Ward. We know Sharbanskky and Cleverly turned him down due to money, and Skolglund turned him down over drug testing. Yet I don't see anyone blaming Roc Nation for not being able to get Ward a fight. All the blame has been on Ward. Even with Rigo I've noticed people blame his promoter. And say Arum sabotaged him. Yet Rigo gets no blame for turning down fights and being inactive. I think people have a lesser standard for foreign fighters. That's my opinion but I've noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      k2 and GGG knew he couldnt beat ward so they look to it as a future fight
      Ward is still fighting tune-ups so how could it have been anything but a "future fight"?

If they'd signed his bull**** contract they would still be waiting for him now!

Comment

And some more damage limitation...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          It's pretty simple really - he got passed by Canelo after getting dicked around for so long, Saunders, Jacobs and then was in advanced negotiations with Eubank for several weeks. Eubank wouldn't sign the contract, Hearn then offered K2 the exact same deal but with Brook instead and they took it. They obviously liked the deal, the UK exposure, etc. for Eubank, but when he wouldn't sign they decided the deal on the table from Hearn (for Brook) was the best deal, the only deal on the table, and went with it. The alternative was to walk away and hope to find something else (some random top 10-20 middleweight that no one cares about, or maybe some top 10-20 super middleweight). Whatever it maybe, that's all uncertain. They had certainty with Brook. The decided taking that fight was the best option the could hope for given the circumstances and then they can figure out something for December (whether it's Eubank again or a Al Haymon guy (since we know K2 is talking to him for potential fight in December), etc.

I understand the why and the how. Even if I don't like the Brook fight one bit I definitely understand why K2 took it.
          This ^^^^^

Golovkin wanted to keep his planned fight in September rather than be inactive after all his opponents made themselves unavailable. Brook stepped up, and Golovkin took the fight.

Brook is probably too small for Golovkin. But at least Golovkin will make some money and build his base among some of the best fans in the world. So....I understand why the fight is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            I was hoping you'd respond because right after I posted that you did the exact same thing I mentioned. You blamed K2 instead of putting any blame on Golovkin. I just posted a video of Hunter talking about how they couldn't get a top 10 LHW fight for Ward. We know Sharbanskky and Cleverly turned him down due to money, and Skolglund turned him down over drug testing. Yet I don't see anyone blaming Roc Nation for not being able to get Ward a fight. All the blame has been on Ward. Even with Rigo I've noticed people blame his promoter. And say Arum sabotaged him. Yet Rigo gets no blame for turning down fights and being inactive. I think people have a lesser standard for foreign fighters. That's my opinion but I've noticed it.
            Was I one of those people criticizing Ward? No, in fact I've defended Ward stating as long as he fights kovalev next then I don't care who he fights, if he needs another tune up against a lesser opponent I can care less because at the end of the day he's fighting kovalev which is a massive step up in a massive fight. Further, I don't know much of Roc Nation and how they do business , I haven't followed what their process of opponent selection has been for Ward's tune up fights, so I can't speak on it. I have however followed the K2/GGG situation very closely.

Fact is, Golovkin was in a tough spot. He got dicked around by Canelo, we can all agree on that. He was rejected by Saunders , Jacobs wants more time and Eubank didn't materialize. It sucks. It sucks for Golovkin, it sucks for the fans and the only person that seems to be happy about this is Brook himself. It is what it is man, all I can hope for now is a decent fight followed by a significant, meaningful fight in December (whether that's against Eubank or a top MW, or taking a fight at 168).

Comment

"Kell Book is a young, hungry, undefeated lion"

Comment

Working...
              X