No announcement yet.

Israel air strikes on Gaza kills Hamas leader

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom.
    More Palestinians die, death toll now at 23 Palestinians and 3 Israelis. On a visit to Gaza, Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Qandil condemns Israel's bombardment as "a disaster".

Up-to-date report here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20357747
    Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post
    The question is, what if other parties starts tagging along to join the "party"?

This could get really bad real fast.
    I think that is woven in already,my guess is Hamas is waiting and ready with a new box of tricks with Syrian and Iranian supplied Russian made anti tank weapons and other surprises to make the IDF pay a heavy price.
    Assad supplied Hamas in Lebanon with state of the art equipment and Israel has to be behind the coup in Syria. There is no way the Israelis would just let that go and Assad is now in a desparate position and cornered desparate people with their back to the wall have nothing to lose and can do desparate things. With the border incidents between Turkey and Syria the groundwork is already there for an invasion. All that is needed is some big incidents between Syria and Israel and this thing can blow right up.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
      I am glad all the terrorists in the world fit into two convenient sub categories Arabs and Muslims...
      Absolutely not, you tit. Look at what is happening in Burma, who are the aggressors? Aren't Buddhists meant to be passive? Look at Mexico, thousands upon thousands involved. There are more examples as well. The real question is WHY do you only believe that it's Muslims? Because you have been fed a one sided, propaganda filled message from the Pro-Israel/Pro-West Media.

Why is it when the enemy is not the US, the Afghans are seen as freedom fighters but when it is convenient for the US they see them as terrorists.

The amount of blatent pro-Israeli bias coming from the BBCs coverage of this situation is awful, they in the past have been guilty of this but not to the current extent in my estimation. They won't let the likes of George Galloway on or Hamza Tzortis because they would truly embarrass their one-sided, hypocritical view.

The Zionists have become what they vilified in the 30s and 40s. People need to actually read their holy book and see how much blatent racism and discrimination there is. Forget about what you think about the Quran, you see one misconstrued verse from the Quran and people go ape**** but there are NUMEROUS verses which point to straight up racism in Jewish scripture and they actually believe it. They see Non-Jews as things beneath them, people need to open their eyes.

Comment

seems like egypt might get involved soon......this is not looking good for the region :/...

Comment

****ing religious idiots.. putting the planet in danger.

Comment

I'm on their side in this whole thing but I still think these religious nut jobs are putting the world in danger, you get them in every religion.

Comment

Jews are not idiots.

This may escalate into a bigger regional war, but not into a world war.
              Exactly!!!

Just a week ago Israel was firing morters into Syria and targeting and killing a Hamas leader, now we're witnessing a buildup for an invasion into Gaza, with Egypt getting involved by offering Aid to Hamas.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                ****ing religious idiots.. putting the planet in danger.
                Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                I'm on their side in this whole thing but I still think these religious nut jobs are putting the world in danger, you get them in every religion.
                This is not just about religion ,it is about land theft. Look at these maps they tell their own story.

http://sal.am/wp-content/uploads/201...ne-history.jpg

Comment

Jews are not idiots.

This may escalate into a bigger regional war, but not into a world war.
                  You think not sir?

What if Israel is boxed in by its enemies? Which they already are.

Let's not forget the tyrannical governments which are supported by the US and Nato are under siege by revolutions in their own countries (Yemen, Bahrain, UAE, etc.). Of course the media doesn't want you to know since they are "friends". These "revolutions" are sympathetic to the enemies of Israel.

How about the US and Nato's proxy war in Syria which is going nowhere since Russia and China is on the other side of the fence.

Looking at the whole picture, the mideast is a mess. I really hope that this is just an isolated incident which will fan over in time. But in reality, all it takes from now on is just one more spark to blow this thing sky high. This has the makings of WW3.

And we're not even considering the fact that the major economies of the world are TANKING.

Past worlds wars remember were ignited for FAR LESS.
                  Last edited by mokmokv2; 11-16-2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I agree with much of what you said there, but I don't think it will become a world war because of nuclear deterrerance.

The leaders of China, Russia and the US are not that stupid.
                    The tipping point where things can go pear shape is Iran. Russia and China may well say enough is enough if there were attemps for a western takeover Iraq and Afghanistan style. But I do see the latest Gaza Israel dispute infecting that far.

Comment

Hamas and the Israeli leadership are both as bad as each other. Both seem to be blind to the fact that diplomacy is the only viable way forward. The whole sorry episode is a stain on humanity.

Comment

Working...
                      X