No announcement yet.

Meldrick Taylor vs Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meldrick Taylor vs Miguel Cotto

I know Meldrick's 147 years weren't exactly worth noting, but there's a reason for that. He was beaten to a pulp by JCC... That being said, if u prefer this fight at 147, lets pretend its the prime 140lb Taylor just moving up a good 7lbs

And of course, if u prefer this fight at 140, than there's no issue

Anyway, this seems like an interesting match up to me. Of course Taylor (with the faster hands) is a better boxer, but he does like to fight and will be there for Cotto's punches more than he should.

And, despite his ability to hit his opponents a lot, he's never actually been known for having notable power, so he WILL land on Cotto, but I doubt he'll really physically discourage him. Cotto on the other hand, did have power, and though he may not have discouraged him, he will be doing damage.

Anyway, take ur pick. Explanations r preferred, but any comment will do

If Taylor would of been a bit more intelligent he would of Ud'd Cavez, but unfortunatley he got (Jermain) Taylor'd

I'd put my money on him to outbox Cotto though as long as he kept a cool head and stayed focused he should be too skilled

Comment

If you hit someone clean and often enough,you can discourage them.Cotto has enough tenacity to sustain a commited attack against a front runner who's offense is sporadic like Zab Judah,but doing it against a speed demon that throws in great volume and has the stamina to sustain a great pace over the long haul is a whole different story.And Taylor was an excellent body puncher,too,and that can always help in regard to wearing down and discouraging an opponent.

Taylor's piss poor excuse for a defense means that he doesn't leave this fight unscathed.
      Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 09-30-2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

@147 IMHO the fight could be similar to Chavez-Taylor, but Cotto doing better than Chavez...

we have seen Cotto handle speedy powerful punchers from Mosley, Zab and Pac, I dont see how someone with lesser power backup cotto...

Comment

At 140, Taylor.

At 147, Cotto, although the Taylor who fought Davis would have a pretty good chance.

Comment

Cotto wud get that ass beaten. Cotto doesn't have the chin that allowed Chavez to sustain that Many punches.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
              @147 IMHO the fight could be similar to Chavez-Taylor, but Cotto doing better than Chavez...

we have seen Cotto handle speedy powerful punchers from Mosley, Zab and Pac, I dont see how someone with lesser power backup cotto...
              He didn't exactly "handle" Pacquiao though did he?

Comment

Working...
              X