Shane Mosley Vs prenell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Mosley Vs prenell Whitaker

At light weight prime for prime

Shane rears back and loads up when he throws his punches and doesn't like a jab. He's fast enough to get away with the haymakers most of the time, but that's not good enough against Pernell Whitaker. Whitaker makes him miss badly all night and pops him with that jab. Not even really competitive.

Comment

Whitaker UD.

120-108

Completely different class of fighter.

Comment

Shane never stood a chance against a guy like Whitaker. Prime or not. He never fared well against elite guys who could box, move and jab effectively. I know Shane was past it but even a D class fighter like Sergio Mora gave him major trouble.

Shanes style is best suited for Brawlers like Margarito, Mayorga,Vargas, etc
        Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 06-11-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Im a big Mosley fan and really big on him as a lightweight but Whittaker is all wrong for Shane, comftable win for Sweat Pea.

And i think it goes without saying its a distance job

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            Im a big Mosley fan and really big on him as a lightweight but Whittaker is all wrong for Shane, comftable win for Sweat Pea.

And i think it goes without saying its a distance job
            No question.

Shane has a great chin and if anyone is stopping him it's certainly not Whitaker.

But I genuinely don't see Shane winning a single round against Whitaker.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              No question. Shane has a great chin and if anyone is stopping him it's certainly not Whitaker. But I genuinely don't see Shane winning a single round against Whitaker.
              Id give him a couple of Mercy rounds coz he's my boy! lol

Ur probably right tho, it certainly wouldnt be competitive

Comment

Shane doesn't have a problem with guys who move he has a problem with big guys who move. Shane(along with Edwin Valero) is IMO the hardest puncher to ever grace the lightweight I think its a 50/50 fight with Shane winning by KO or Pernell getting a decision.

Comment

Whitaker would outbox Mosley soundly.
                  Mosley gets gassed out at lightweight. A guy who makes you miss los tires you out twice as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
                    Whitaker would outbox Mosley soundly.
                    Mosley gets gassed out at lightweight. A guy who makes you miss los tires you out twice as fast.

LOL one of trademarks of a prime Mosley was that he NEVER gassed.

Comment

Working...
                    X