Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are video games getting worse or are you getting older?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are video games getting worse or are you getting older?

As most people who frequent arcade section for the last like, 7 years at least, you know i'm a Resident Evil fanboy, yet I hate RE7, the first RE game I actually hate. I'm also older. I also find it rare to like a game nowadays, I love the Borderlands series, Dishonored, Dying Light.

I wonder if I would've liked RE7 just 5 years ago? And all these games that don't interest me, I wonder if I would've been interested in them if they came out 10 years ago.

OR, are recent games just sucking? Too many extremely hyped games not living up to their hype when they launch?

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    As most people who frequent arcade section for the last like, 7 years at least, you know i'm a Resident Evil fanboy, yet I hate RE7, the first RE game I actually hate. I'm also older. I also find it rare to like a game nowadays, I love the Borderlands series, Dishonored, Dying Light.

I wonder if I would've liked RE7 just 5 years ago? And all these games that don't interest me, I wonder if I would've been interested in them if they came out 10 years ago.

OR, are recent games just sucking? Too many extremely hyped games not living up to their hype when they launch?
    Nah the are definitely worse
    Online transactions make gameplay unfair
    I miss the days of 2-4 pads
    Street fighter
    GoldenEye
    Ridge racer
    That was gaming
    Now I just play fallout

Comment

Combination of both in my opinion. I just don't get excited or really look forward to anything coming out cause it's the same garbage over and over. I don't even pay attention or check what's coming out anymore. The older i get the less i care. Now that i hit 30 i just don't play games or enjoy them like i used to

Comment

There does seem to be a real lack of innovation these days, lots of sequels and games that look similar to some other game that came out a few months before. Hard for me to say as I don't play most games nowadays but when I look at what's out and what's getting hype it seems that way.

Comment

I think I'm pretty much set on my gaming ways, even being an old fart.

I have always gravitated more to RPG's and racing sims when I was younger, and now that I have more time to mess around with them, that's what I play. Have a job that doesn't require 70 hour week works anymore, so I can time suck sometimes, and still do real life things.

Probably going to shell out some bucks on a next gen console sooner than later, but they way things are going, they'll be onto Xbox Deuce, and I'll be behind the times again.

A great game can still draw you in, no matter how old you get.

Comment

I stopped playing games hardcore after Sega Genesis/Sega CD so you get an idea how old i am lol..

Comment

I haven't bought a next gen console yet because other than fallout 4, theres been nothing on them i regret not playing. Maybe Arkham Knight i suppose.

There's Mass Effect andromeda out next month so i'll probably have to get one at that point, but for me, this generation has been a bit meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                I haven't bought a next gen console yet because other than fallout 4, theres been nothing on them i regret not playing. Maybe Arkham Knight i suppose.

There's Mass Effect andromeda out next month so i'll probably have to get one at that point, but for me, this generation has been a bit meh.
                Hasn't been that bad. Witcher 3 is one of the best games I ever played. Also sunset overdrive, forza horizon 3 on the xbox. I disn't get a ps4 but they got uncharted 4, nioh and other great exclusives.

I sold my Xbox a while ago and got a gaming laptop with a gtx 1070 and I'll never go back. Console gaming is nothing compared to a 4k resolution screen with G-sync, 75 fps locked at max settings. You can take your laptop anywhere too hdmi link to any tv.

After you go high end pc gaming it's hard to go back to consoles.

Comment

The improvement curve is flattering out and theres less and less originality as so many things have been done already.

I mean the improvement from say ps3 to ps4 isn't as much as ps2 to ps3 and so on.

I Remember being blown away by the Sega Saturn but ps4 isn't that much of an improvement on the late ps3 games.

Its the same with movies, music even technology.

Every now and then you get a new idea and it leaps forward like with when online gaming first appeared or the iPhone came out.

Comment

I think it's a bit of both.

As an older gamer who played Nintendo and sega master system to currently xbox1 and everything in between, i can speak with some perspective.

the main differences today is that:

Pros: open world, online play, amazing graphics

Cons: the ****ing constant updates, gone are the days of simply putting in a cartridge and playing. That's my biggest beef. Also everything seems to be designed for multiplayer online use and there isn't a lot of good single player games besides a handful of titles

Comment

Working...
                    X