No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Sees No Obstacles in Facing PBC Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I think that happens. Or maybe he's happy getting paid and participating in the in-house round robin. But it doesn't look like he's getting Pacquiao. So what's left, really? That Benevidez fight is horrific.
    Yep, but Egidijus Kavaliauskas looked even worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      There isnt much at WW...its a very weak division.

Danny and Shawn are borderline gatekeepers and Errol is unproven.

Theres nobody else. Thurman is retired and Pac doesnt want the fight.

Oh and both Errol and TC said they want their fight to marinate...lots of bumfights in coming XD

Sad but true :/

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Yep, but Egidijus Kavaliauskas looked even worse!
        Shh. That may come after Jose Benavidez.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Nothing is wrong-except for the exclusive network contract that makes that almost impossible.

Let me ask you this-if you have a fight on ESPN, against an opponent with an ESPN deal, promoted by a guy with an exclusive ESPN deal, would you be completely conformable?
          That was question of the week. Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
            give it some time. something will come out. there are plenty of rumors swirling around from him having slave contracts to swindling investors out of their money. haymon got kicked out of the concert business and got sued by beyonce. he also acts like a guy who's afraid that he'll be exposed always hiding in the shadows. he is shady and the light will eventually expose the c0ckroach!
            Harmon was never kicked out of the entertainment industry. What the hell have u been smoking?? Harmon saw how bad arum and other shady promoters were robbing fighters and stepped in as Advisor/Manager and is on top of boxing as we speak. Stay focused lil buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by 15 round fight View Post
              Harmon was never kicked out of the entertainment industry. What the hell have u been smoking?? Harmon saw how bad arum and other shady promoters were robbing fighters and stepped in as Advisor/Manager and is on top of boxing as we speak. Stay focused lil buddy!
              Correction. I meant Haymon.

Comment

Pac has a title now so Crawford can fight him. Don't be surprise if Arum double dips once again.

Comment

The obvious Elephant in the Room is still matching the top tier Haymon talent with Arum's fighters (mainly Loma and Crawford). They've worked together technically with much smaller opponents under the Haymon stable (John Molina and Felix Diaz both fighting Crawford). To me the 3 best fights for Crawford under the Haymon stable are the Winner of Garcia vs Porter, Thurman, and ultimately Spence. The problem though is with Showtime having 3/4 of the Welterweight straps I don't see their urgency to extend the olive branch to Arum / Crawford considering he's a threat himself to everyone there not named Spence.

I truthfully feel if both Haymon /Top Rank are going to begin working in some capacity, if Danny beats Porter a fight with him and Crawford is a very good start and already comes packaged with a story line (their Am history, both former 140 Unified Champs). I just don't think either A. Danny wants that fight or B. Haymon would sign off on it before Danny were to give Spence a shot. I'd even argue a Danny vs Crawford fight might be more publicized being I think Crawford is more widely known than Spence currently and Bud being recognized by many as #1-3 P4P in the World. Danny at some point has to take a risk between Spence and Bud and at the very least he's seen Bud before.

All wishful thinking though...

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    The obvious Elephant in the Room is still matching the top tier Haymon talent with Arum's fighters (mainly Loma and Crawford). They've worked together technically with much smaller opponents under the Haymon stable (John Molina and Felix Diaz both fighting Crawford). To me the 3 best fights for Crawford under the Haymon stable are the Winner of Garcia vs Porter, Thurman, and ultimately Spence. The problem though is with Showtime having 3/4 of the Welterweight straps I don't see their urgency to extend the olive branch to Arum / Crawford considering he's a threat himself to everyone there not named Spence.

I truthfully feel if both Haymon /Top Rank are going to begin working in some capacity, if Danny beats Porter a fight with him and Crawford is a very good start and already comes packaged with a story line (their Am history, both former 140 Unified Champs). I just don't think either A. Danny wants that fight or B. Haymon would sign off on it before Danny were to give Spence a shot. I'd even argue a Danny vs Crawford fight might be more publicized being I think Crawford is more widely known than Spence currently and Bud being recognized by many as #1-3 P4P in the World. Danny at some point has to take a risk between Spence and Bud and at the very least he's seen Bud before.

All wishful thinking though...
                    this right here is on point. Haymon is going to keep it in house. There isn’t enough money in it for him to risk one of his guys vs Crawford. Maybe after they unify all three of those titles over there then it will be big enough

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                      No obstacles? Has Crawford met Bob arum?
                      Right, I agree but I'll give Bob this he did make the Loma and Linares fight and the Rigo fight. But usually he does throw a wrench in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X