Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with Carl Moretti of Top Rank about Jose Ramirez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    Yea the business side of me agrees with Moretti. As a fan WBSS sounds good and all but as a promoter, why the fuk would i send out my guy to a tournament that isnt even televised on a major network?

Fuk WBSS if they arent gonna show it on TV
    do you got ps4? roku? you obviously got internet its on youtube for free for real boxing heads you dont need a tv deal when you sell out arenas.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Yea the business side of me agrees with Moretti. As a fan WBSS sounds good and all but as a promoter, why the fuk would i send out my guy to a tournament that isnt even televised on a major network?

Fuk WBSS if they arent gonna show it on TV
      Yea I agree with his point about the business side but Danny O'connor? I'd rather watch Ramirez on a stream in the WBSS than Danny O'Connor. As a fan who wants to see him in the WBSS I would be ok with him not going if he was taking on better competition

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        remember when ward went into the super 6 as the biggest underdog of the lot....and won it...and bute sat out and was fighting guys like jesse brinkley and brian magee....so when ward won bute was sitting there like "gimme my shot" and ward was like "gfy...go beat someone worth a **** first im tired" lol.....

and then all the anti ward guys were like "omg ward scared of bute"
        Lol yeah. Bute somehow became the final level boss for some reason. No problems with promoters not wanting to lose paydays because they loaned their guys out but they still gotta make an effort....

Comment

But who will there be to fight till the tournament is over? Doesn't leave much options.

Comment

Yeah they're going for the Zurdo career path it seems. Rest of the division all wanting to fighting each other but one guy would prefer to just stay in the slow lane and let other people take the risks. They talk about developing guys, has Zurdo really been 'developed'? He doesn't seem any more popular than he was when he beat Abraham.

Props to Prograis for not wasting his career on someone else's BS and for jumping into the tournament. JC Ramirez was ranked number 3 by the WBC when Crawford vacated. Instead of the top 2 fighting for the belt, it became that #1 guy would fight #3 guy, but don't worry Prograis that you got screwed, you can take a risky fight in the meantime for an interim belt and then straight after that you get your shot. So Prograis does it and straight away Arum starts talking 'let's have them both take another fight first, marinate'. So Prograis decides to go for meaningful fights instead of waiting for Arum/WBC combo to find more ways to delay the fight until one of them loses or can't make weight, and enters WBSS instead.

It's that kind of Arum BS that kills good fights that people have a problem with. Fight Prograis? Nah later. Fight Prograis once later comes? No no I meant even later. Ok how about a competition involving the best in the division for big money? Lulz, they show soccer games, no way.

A lot of it is down to Arum, he obviously has more control over his fighters than some promoters do. Hearn let Smith into WBSS despite the flaws, Arum wouldn't have let Zurdo in either way, but I feel like Zurdo also didn't want to. He could've pushed for more meaningful fights but chased none of them and turned down Korobov. Not that Korobov is a beast, but he's better than O'Connor and Bursak types. Now Benavidez is fighting Korobov, and despite not having had a belt when WBSS started he's taking tougher fights than Zurdo is already.

Arum will publicly back his guys, if they won't fight the best he's not going to blame them, he's fine with taking the public criticism himself. Bob claimed (could have been lying) that he didn't want Pac to face DLH, thought he was too big, but Roach/Pac kept on at him and got him to agree. Bradley refused Peterson rematch, demanded something else, Arum was pissed but he did what his fighter wanted and gave in. Crawford and Loma have had tough challenges. Bob likes to play safe a lot of the time but at least part of it comes down to what the fighter is pushing for behind the scenes.

Not trying to be too negative on either Ramirez btw. They are both mid 20s so have years to fight great opponents. But for the present I would be surprised if either face a top 5 opponent within the next year.

Comment

Top Rank can be so ****ing gay. As well as they've done with Crawford and Lomachenko, they protect these Mexican cowards like they're blood diamonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                remember when ward went into the super 6 as the biggest underdog of the lot....and won it...and bute sat out and was fighting guys like jesse brinkley and brian magee....so when ward won bute was sitting there like "gimme my shot" and ward was like "gfy...go beat someone worth a **** first im tired" lol.....

and then all the anti ward guys were like "omg ward scared of bute"
                ummm did ward ever fight bute lmfao.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Top Rank can be so ****ing gay. As well as they've done with Crawford and Lomachenko, they protect these Mexican cowards like they're blood diamonds.
                  STFU, like crawfordand lomachenko hasnt been paved their way lmfao./

I swear you fools cant keep it real for shit.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    ummm did ward ever fight bute lmfao.
                    He sent his son Froch to handle it

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      He sent his son Froch to handle it
                      so thats a no.

Comment

Working...
                      X