No announcement yet.

Who is Fury Lineal For?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    There was a post here maybe a week ago that did a great job explaining the lineal heavyweight championship, but the lineal champion flows from the last fighter to stake the claim as undisputed heavyweight champion.

The last lineal champion, as far as I see it, was Lennox Lewis (he retired, leaving the title vacant, but Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko were able to get all of the titles, so instead of facing off against each other, 'Klitschko brothers' became the lineal champion).

Tyson Fury's claim to the lineal championship comes from 'Klitschko brothers' being lineal champion becoming to Wladimir Klitschko becoming lineal champion when Vitali retired, and Fury beating Wladimir Klitschko.

In logical reality, no different than with Muhammad Ali, Wilder is the WBC champion, Fury is the uncrowned WBA/IBF/WBO champion, and the winner of Wilder-Fury would have a claim to the WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight titles as disputed champion for the first time since Lennox Lewis (fighting Anthony Joshua will make an undisputed heavyweight champion, from wence you can continue the title lineage after Lewis).
    I understand what a lineal title is, in reality it is quite easy to understand.

My point is, Fury has had multiple issues which mean his lineage was discontinued.

And there was never a Klitschko brother lineage lol Wlad was lineal by consensus of journalists, The Ring and fans due to his win over Chagaev.

Right now, there is no point in labeling anyone as lineal, all we know is, one guy holds 3 belts and is ranked as champion by IBF, WBO and WBA, everyone else ranks him as the top heavyweight bar the WBC.

All Fury is doing is fighting for the WBC belt, which has become a paper title in Wilder's hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
      All facts, Fury is not lineal.
      It's just inane "chatter" in order to have something positive to say about Fury.

Commentators continually make reference to over two years out if the game yet conveniently skip over positive PED test and cocaine addiction . . .

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
        It's just inane "chatter" in order to have something positive to say about Fury.

Commentators continually make reference to over two years out if the game yet conveniently skip over positive PED test and cocaine addiction . . .
        hahaha exactly

I mean, even if we go with the idea of him lineal champion...what is that championship worth when his last two defences have come against unranked opponents?

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Yeah he's really not as good for boxing as some people trying to force on us.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            Ring title does not =lineal title
            Yeah I always thought the lineal champ possessed all of the belts.

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
              Yeah I always thought the lineal champ possessed all of the belts.
              Nope thats undisputed....

Lineal titles have nothing to do with belts..

Comment

The Lineal championship is stupid anyway. Wladimir shouldn't have ever really been lineal champion because the new line is supposed to start when #1 faces #2. The only problem was is that Vitali was the actual #2 at the time not Chagaev. If Ring Magazine or whoever determines who the lineal champion is wanted to be consistent then they should have never made Wladimir the champion in the first place. Calling "Fury" lineal champion seems to be more of a marketing tool being used by Warren and BT then an actual world title.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  I mean, even if we go with the idea of him lineal champion...what is that championship worth when his last two defences have come against unranked opponents?
                  it's worth whatever you want it to be worth. nobody is telling you to value anything.

but opponents being ranked or unranked has zero to do with lineal.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    hahaha exactly

If you disagree then you simply disagree.

Myself and others conside him lineal and there is nothing you will say to convince us otherwise.

He was always the champion in my eyes, you and everyone else who's been around the last 5 years knows this.Its no matter of convenience, he is the undisputed and lineal until he is dethroned in the ring. No politics will shake the mind of a fan who respects the results inside the ring above all else.

I'm also a fan who knows boxing, certainly more so than the random scrub writer, so I have never deferred to published rankings. I make my own and don't recognize others as more official, so chiming off what Ring or any other entity has him ranked falls on deaf ears.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      If you disagree then you simply disagree.

Myself and others conside him lineal and there is nothing you will say to convince us otherwise.

He was always the champion in my eyes, you and everyone else who's been around the last 5 years knows this.Its no matter of convenience, he is the undisputed and lineal until he is dethroned in the ring. No politics will shake the mind of a fan who respects the results inside the ring above all else.

I'm also a fan who knows boxing, certainly more so than the random scrub writer, so I have never deferred to published rankings. I make my own and don't recognize others as more official, so chiming off what Ring or any other entity has him ranked falls on deaf ears.
                      He's undisputed? How many belts does he have again?

Comment

Working...
                      X