No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao, Arum Meeting - 3 Fights Wanted, No Deal Made

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sayf View Post
    Preach brother, I guess a lot of people overlook the fact he held back in every fight after that brutal KO loss, it's no surprise he hasn't knocked anyone out since then, as you rightly pointed out he never went all out again as he used to. Many would utterly overwhelm people and he'd go toe to toe in slug fest. I guess he wanted the gravy train to keep paying.

I love the guy for his achievements, but yeah no doubt he's a shadow of the Manny of old. It was a hard one for me to root for either in those Marquez fights because I loved watching Marquez too, he always left it in the ring except against Mayweather. Although Money boxed his ears off, I felt he didn't show up, he was too cautious.

I'm hoping now his nearly decade long streak of decisions is over he can let his hands go in his last 3 fights. Only then will he really be threat to Crawford, Spence or Lomachenko. Obviously the risk is also inversely proportional because he may leave himself open to a brutal counter a la Marquez.
    And the bold is exactly why I say a Horn rematch makes sense. Because KO'ng Horn who outsized him - and I don't mean the BS stoppage Crawford got, I mean a clear KO or TKO with no doubts inside of 4 rounds - then a rubber match where he just steamrolls Horn inside of 3 rounds - yes, he'll have major momentum and confidence going into any fight for the third.

But seriously, what's the probability he shows up if he does face Crawford next vs. someone he could actually beat? Low. It'll be MayPac all over again - because I seriously doubt Crawford will stand and trade with Manny and if he doesn't, Manny has no chance of winning.

Loma's weakness is body shots and Manny doesn't throw them enough, plus he telegraphs them. I can't recall a single KD he's gotten off a body shot.

Spence may or may not be fast enough to avoid Manny's shots, but he's durable enough to walk through them. Especially if Manny couldn't stop Chris Algieri.

It's like people here want Manny to lose all three of his last fights in embarrassing fashion.

I'm proposing a plan that should guarantee he wins at least 2 of the three on the way out. He should have no problems beating Horn twice or Horn/Alvarado for easy money. Yet I supposedly hate Manny. Ok

Comment

Originally posted by sayf View Post
      . . . .Horn is a has been already. So yeah I'm happy to admit I don't want him to lose in a ****ty fight like that, I'd prefer he made big money facing Crawford and getting a loss. Manny deserves at least that much. Horn with no title would be utterly pointless.
      I understand your points about Horn, although I'm not sure if a) it would be utterly pointless or b) maybe more importantly, if PAC would win it.

At this stage, I'd rather not see Manny fight Crawford, irrespective of the amount of money.

I think Broner would be a good fight for him.

If Garcia (Danny) is able to beat Porter for the real WBA title then that would be a good fight for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
        I understand your points about Horn, although I'm not sure if a) it would be utterly pointless or b) maybe more importantly, if PAC would win it.

At this stage, I'd rather not see Manny fight Crawford, irrespective of the amount of money.

I think Broner would be a good fight for him.

If Garcia (Danny) is able to beat Porter for the real WBA title then that would be a good fight for both of them.
        I mentioned in a previous conversation that yeah, Garcia, Broner, Porter are all winnable fights and big enough names to make a decent wedge of money, so we're agreed here. I said he doesn't "need" the top guys because he's already proven.

With regards to Horn, that's my point, I'm saying it's pointless because he risks losing and tarnishing his legacy, and even winning wouldn't do much for him. Its definitely a low reward high risk fight. Fighting Crawford and losing for example wouldn't take anything away from Manny because he's a recognised p4p top 1 or 2 fighter. With no belt, Horn is a nobody.

Comment

You guys will call me crazy, but maybe pac should be talking to eddie hearn.. Hearn is now overpaying fighters to fight on dazn and recently said he would give spence and garcia $8 mill a piece for that fight. I love pacman and he totally deserves 3 more hugeee paydays so he can ride off nice into the sunset.

Comment

Working...
          X