South Africa to amend Constitution to make it legal to take white owned lands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
    Going biblical on me lol?

So oppression, racism and violence ended with a terrible situation for blacks in South Africa. So the answer is to just reverse the roles. That seems bat **** crazy to me.

Sure there are plenty of things I feel that are unjust and need to be changed. None of which require me or the government to commit crimes against innocent people.
    I resent your over simplification.

Crimes were committed and went unpunished for generations. These"innocent" people reaped the benefits of those policies and programs both directly and in this case indirectly.

They have no right or claim to this land. Their families didn't acquire the land fairly when they initially got it. Black people were barred from buying the land, even if they could afford it.

This HAS to be corrected. it is unfortunate that these people are being forced out but everyone can't win in this situation.

If you can come up with a better way to return the land to the families and people that had it stolen from them-I am open to that.

But it can't be just let them keep it. That is patently unfair!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      True it could. Or, they could use the systems put in place and continue what those farmers started.

What happens to the land isn't as important as it being returned to the rightful owners.

I read what all you guys wrote about Palestine in the "US embassy is going to Jerusalem" thread so I know you in particular agree with me in principle but have decided to fit this into your "white being attacked" agenda.

You don't like that your generation is paying for the sins of the past. You get judged by the actions of your parents and those before you. I get that but don't feel bad for you in any.

Just like this isn't fair to you, it wasn't fair the way your ancestors treated others.
      why is this generation of blacks 'the rightful owners' and the evil whites the wrong owners, cause they have the wrong colour of skin? theres one nationality in that country and its south africans, not blacks and whites.

Comment

I'm sure they will emigrate and be supported by the warm white embrace of the alt-right of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
          why is this generation of blacks 'the rightful owners' and the evil whites the wrong owners, cause they have the wrong colour of skin? theres one nationality in that country and its south africans, not blacks and whites.
          Where did I post or imply the people losing their land were evil? Typical.

The land was stolen Dramashow. If not, the black owners would do what we all do with land we own-either sell it or pass it on to our families. You know this but have decided since it was so long ago we just have to let it go? I say no.

Unfortunately for these owners, they are paying the price for previous sins committed.

Take race out of this and you'd expect justice for the wronged party. It's just sad that you can't extend that sentiment to all people.

Comment

why isnt this generation of blacks the rightful owners? its fair to say it would have been their land had the whites not stole it in the beginning.

So when do they get the land back?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Where did I post or imply the people losing their land were evil? Typical.

The land was stolen Dramashow. If not, the black owners would do what we all do with land we own-either sell it or pass it on to our families. You know this but have decided since it was so long ago we just have to let it go? I say no.

Unfortunately for these owners, they are paying the price for previous sins committed.

Take race out of this and you'd expect justice for the wronged party. It's just sad that you can't extend that sentiment to all people.
              youve dodged my point.....

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                why isnt this generation of blacks the rightful owners? its fair to say it would have been their land had the whites not stole it in the beginning.

So when do they get the land back?
                they are all south africans. guys like big dunn preach equality but then turn it into an us against them thing.why the hell arent they getting compensation

Comment

youve dodged my point.....
                  No, I didn't. Look, you can play stupid if you wish. You know who owned the land and how it was taken from them. There is no statute of limitations on right and wrong.

Comment

they are all south africans. guys like big dunn preach equality but then turn it into an us against them thing.why the hell arent they getting compensation
                    There is equality-both white and black are getting their land taken from them by the government.

When is it time to give the land back?

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                      I'm sure they will emigrate and be supported by the warm white embrace of the alt-right of the world.
                      As long as the countries they move to don't steal their property, I'd say they are supported better than they were by the people and government of South Africa.

Comment

Working...
                      X