No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Pacquiao Should Fight Loma at 140, No To Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
    No that’s called a smart trainer who has the best interests of his fighter in mind.
    Agreed. He's being smart to duckCrawford

Comment

saw this on bloodyelbow...

According to his PR manager, Pacquiao complained about difficulty breathing numerous times during training, and was rushed to a hospital in Manila seven days before his bout. Doctors conducted some tests, including an ECG and an angiogram to check for heart problems.
      They didn’t release the specific condition, but his publicist noted that doctors had diagnosed Pacquiao with an “inborn heart ailment” and advised him to call off the bout against Matthysse.
      Pacquiao protested was made to sign a waiver by the doctors in Manila.
      The 39-year-old boxer kept this all secret from most of his training team and even his family, who was already in Malaysia at the time he was hospitalized. Pacquiao was said to have kept it to himself as he didn’t want his wife and kids to worry, or for his team to be demoralized. His long time friend and head trainer, Buboy Fernandez only found out after leaving the hospital.
      “Buboy cried hard upon learning what happened,” Pacquiao said. “But I told him to stay strong and continue what he was doing. God will take care of the rest.”
      According to his team, Pacquiao flew to Malaysia on July 9th, a day after being hospitalized. He didn’t train until two days later.

Comment

If I was Pac I wouldn't fight either of those guys. Khan is lower risk, bigger money in England, and honestly a no brainer. Crawford is to much for Manny at 39. Moving down to 140 at 39 against Loma isn't much better. Both those guys are in their primes, and imo 2 of the best boxers in the world. Embarrassing a guy well past his prime isn't going to enhance their profile, everyone who knows boxing, knows Manny isn't the guy he was a decade ago.
        Last edited by Usetoloveboxing; 07-20-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
          saw this on bloodyelbow...

According to his PR manager, Pacquiao complained about difficulty breathing numerous times during training, and was rushed to a hospital in Manila seven days before his bout. Doctors conducted some tests, including an ECG and an angiogram to check for heart problems.
          They didn’t release the specific condition, but his publicist noted that doctors had diagnosed Pacquiao with an “inborn heart ailment” and advised him to call off the bout against Matthysse.
          Pacquiao protested was made to sign a waiver by the doctors in Manila.
          The 39-year-old boxer kept this all secret from most of his training team and even his family, who was already in Malaysia at the time he was hospitalized. Pacquiao was said to have kept it to himself as he didn’t want his wife and kids to worry, or for his team to be demoralized. His long time friend and head trainer, Buboy Fernandez only found out after leaving the hospital.
          “Buboy cried hard upon learning what happened,” Pacquiao said. “But I told him to stay strong and continue what he was doing. God will take care of the rest.”
          According to his team, Pacquiao flew to Malaysia on July 9th, a day after being hospitalized. He didn’t train until two days later.
          god will take care of the rest lol ..what a silly world we live in

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post
            Pac is a champ belt holder again. Champions fight other champions or top contenders. Personally i have zero interest in a Loma fight. If guys like crawford and spence etc want a signature name on their somewhat squestionable resumes, they need to start fighting each other, or fight a proven fighter like the Pac man for another belt. I think Roach and Manny’s relationship as a coach/friend is more of a passed their prime issue than Pacs so-called decline. He looked like a new fighter with buboy training him now.
            What ended their relationship was Roach literally doing nothing during the Horn fight.

Also Pac needs to stay at 147. All this talk of him going down in weight is stupid.

Comment

You’re a clown

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn926 View Post
                You’re a clown
                youre a cowboy

Comment

Originally posted by NotaPachugger View Post
                  He'll no, enough of them advantage match setting. Loma.has already said no to 140. Loma at 130' like ODLH came down in weight to fight.younger Pac
                  You mean pac going up two weight classes to fight DLH?? Lmao funny how you reversed it.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    Half decade?

But on a serious note, De La Hoya tried to cherry pic Pac. Big diff. Jmm was unfinished and one could argue he lost 3 or all 4.

Pac doesnt need the belt. I doubt he even wants it either. Pac’s legacy is made and it will likely never be matched by any of the current 47 guys. What’s he going to prove by getting another belt?

I have no desire, as both a Bud and Pac fan to hear how bud beat an old Pac or to see Pac get hurt for example.

Thats some weird vendetta you’re carrying towards Pac and wishing him some kind of “just desserts” or karma is weird. Let the man fight who he wants. He’s earned it.
                    JMM is over 5 years older than PAC. That's a half decade
                    Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                      are your parents brother and sister? This is the only explanation for the stupidity that you write on a daily basis.
                      whatever to make you feel better. If crawford have fought half of a fighter pac is then i will say crawford is a real deal but until then i have to say an old pac will be too much for a prime crawford.

Comment

Working...
                      X