Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Mannix calling out Golovkin for ducking, says he should be stripped.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

Nice to see someone in the media saying how it is.
    Looks like Lil G is copying your favourite fighter Anthony Joshua

AJ is ducking Wilder, Ortiz, and likely it will prove he is ducking Povetkin as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
      this!

If the IBF had plans to strip GGG, they would have done so.

GGG/Vanes is a fine fight considering the circumstances. Boxing fans are some of the most irrational folk on earth.
      And Lil G fans are some of the most delusional and biased on the planet. Literally how anyone can justify the current champion @ 160 lbs fighting a 154 lbs, who’s been inactive for 2 yrs in 2 weeks notice for 2 middleweight belts is a joke. This fight is dangerous for Vanes dude can get seriously hurt maybe even worse. At least we finally know that Triple G was a businessman all along just like Cotto, Canelo, Martínez and everyone else that duck their mandatories.

Comment

this!

If the IBF had plans to strip GGG, they would have done so.

GGG/Vanes is a fine fight considering the circumstances. Boxing fans are some of the most irrational folk on earth.
        They may very well do so. Golovkin hasn't applied for an exception yet.

"Golovkin has the right to ask for an exception. He hasn’t yet," the IBF's Jeanette Salazar exclusively told World Boxing News.

"When and if Golovkin does make a request, the IBF Board will determine whether it will be granted or not and what conditions if any apply," she added.
        Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 04-19-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

"Golovkin has the right to ask for an exception. He hasn’t yet," the IBF's Jeanette Salazar exclusively told World Boxing News.

"When and if Golovkin does make a request, the IBF Board will determine whether it will be granted or not and what conditions if any apply," she added.
          This is what's going on. I would bet what most likely happens is after May 5th the IBF makes GGG-Derevyanchenko go to purse bid.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            From? birds in your window?
            Reading from boxingscene.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              This is what's going on. I would bet what most likely happens is after May 5th the IBF makes GGG-Derevyanchenko go to purse bid.
              If they wanted to strip him, I think they would have used language that pointed towards that. They seem to want to posture themselves and make it very public that Gennady was "this" close to being stripped due to their propensity and repuation to follow protocol. As it stands, right now, GGG has not been stripped, and very much owns the IBF title.

My guess is: after they file for an exception, they will allow him to keep the belt, and allow a GGG/Canelo fight in September - as long as GGG and Canelo begin to negotiate and have a fight signed by a certain date. If that date comes and goes, I think they will enforce the Sergiy fight - but even then that will depend on if he isn't able to lock in a unification bout with Saunders.

So, if both the Canelo fight and Saunders unification both fall through by a certain date, then GGG will be forced to defend his belt against Sergiy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
                And Lil G fans are some of the most delusional and biased on the planet. Literally how anyone can justify the current champion @ 160 lbs fighting a 154 lbs, who’s been inactive for 2 yrs in 2 weeks notice for 2 middleweight belts is a joke. This fight is dangerous for Vanes dude can get seriously hurt maybe even worse. At least we finally know that Triple G was a businessman all along just like Cotto, Canelo, Martínez and everyone else that duck their mandatories.
                Forget Big G, Lil G or Triple G; I'm a boxing fan first and foremost, lets get that straight.

Vanes has never been outclassed. the jump from 154 to 160 isn't too difficult, considering Vanes probably is around 160 prior to the fight week weight cut.

Considering the situation, this is a decent fight. Vanes has name, respect, and a fan base.

is GGG/Sergey a more competitive fight that I would prefer to see? sure fkn right! but im gonna be realistic. I never expected GGG to take a dangerous fight on may 5th, im realistic about my favorite sport. you should try it, maybe you wont get butthurt so much.

Comment

Forget Big G, Lil G or Triple G; I'm a boxing fan first and foremost, lets get that straight.

Vanes has never been outclassed. the jump from 154 to 160 isn't too difficult, considering Vanes probably is around 160 prior to the fight week weight cut.

Considering the situation, this is a decent fight. Vanes has name, respect, and a fan base.

is GGG/Sergey a more competitive fight that I would prefer to see? sure fkn right! but im gonna be realistic. I never expected GGG to take a dangerous fight on may 5th, im realistic about my favorite sport. you should try it, maybe you wont get butthurt so much.
                  Butthurt never but a realist always. Unfortunately, boxing has plenty of homers/groupies such as yourself that can grasp the concept that the middleweight champion shouldn’t be cherry picking a fighter from a lower weight class, who’s been inactive for over 2 yrs. Just so he can keep the May 5th date, that has no significance to him since he ain’t Mexican. Understand something Triple G can really hurt Vanes look what he did to Brooks the last fighter he fought from a lower weight nearly left him blind in one eye after breaking his face. Unfortunately for Vanes he isn’t as mobile as Brooks so he’ll be a much easier target for Golovkin to tee off on. This mismatch shouldn’t have ever been sanction by the California commission.

Comment

If the IBF allowed it then one can not complain, The IBF is very strict and usually has terrible mandatories...I for one will not just make up **** to complain about

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
                      Butthurt never but a realist always. Unfortunately, boxing has plenty of homers/groupies such as yourself that can grasp the concept that the middleweight champion shouldn’t be cherry picking a fighter from a lower weight class, who’s been inactive for over 2 yrs. Just so he can keep the May 5th date, that has no significance to him since he ain’t Mexican. Understand something Triple G can really hurt Vanes look what he did to Brooks the last fighter he fought from a lower weight nearly left him blind in one eye after breaking his face. Unfortunately for Vanes he isn’t as mobile as Brooks so he’ll be a much easier target for Golovkin to tee off on. This mismatch shouldn’t have ever been sanction by the California commission.
                      Vanes is a junior middleweight, wtf are you talking about "Triple G can really hurt Vanes" this is boxing all it takes is one punch to seriously hurt a man or worse. talking like he's welterweight kell brook, ffs

this isn't a mismatch at all.

GGG is 36yo and most likely didn't want to waste the work of a full training camp (which takes a toll on the body) or the expenses occurred.

from all the hurt butts in here, you'd think GGG was fighting Rod Salka!

Vanes has been contender level for years and has always given a good account of himself in the ring, show the man some respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X