Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner is a Caged Fighter. He needs to let his hands go.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    I watched the fight again.

Broner wanted to walk him down. But every time he would throw his jab, Porter would slip it, duck under it, or shoot his own jab and get inside where he was working Broner. That made him very hesitant for much of the fight.

It's not that he's inactive. He's not a smart fighter and cannot adjust when his plan A goes out the door.
    Exactly. He came in with a game plan that wasnt dynamic, assuming Porter would be an easy target. That all went out the door when Porter darted in and put throwing heavy clobbering combos. Porters footwork was constent and unpredictable. Broner on the other hand was two moves behind Porter in every sequence in that fight. It's like he doesn't have the killer instinct or concentration to focus on simply winning. But I swear he is too busy emulating Floyd with his head in the crowds

Comment

Being in shape is Algieri's life. Training and fighting is everything he is about. Broner is more interested in being a rock star than anything. Also he is not as naturally talented as people make him out to be.

To me Andre Berto is more naturally talented than Broner ever was. He just has a terrible chin.

Comment

Caged animal who couldn't even trouble Paulie. LOL.

Broner is garbage. He's done. He can't make 135 or 140 anymore, and there's no way he belongs at 147.

He's a joke now.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Why don't people ever consider that Broner doesn't have the stamina to let his hands go like they want him to, or that he isn't smart enough to adjust when his opponent isn't at a certain range?

It has nothing to do with being held back or in a cage. He just can't do what people keep saying he has to.
          Yep. Pretty much.

Comment

Broner had every advantage in this fight. From the weight advantage to the lenient ref who let him get away with holding and fouls until finally he had no choice....and he still got beat up

Comment

I'm pretty sure algieri has never had problems throwing punches. Didn't he throw like 900 punches vs ruslan?

Comment

Pretty hard, if not impossible, to reinvent yourself entirely after fighting one way for so long. Broner is basically what he is at this point. He's not going to wake up tomorrow and all of a sudden be a high punch output fighter.

That said, if it was possible to rewire his ring brain altogether, he'd be better off as a seek & destroy type guy.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X