Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan is not a choice, it's a lack of one.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I can't wait to see how Angel reacts if Khan gets the Floyd fight.... he must be absolutely livid right now if he's hearing the rumors

Comment

What don't you guys get ? No casual fans knows who GGG even is. He's not even on Bradley's level of hype in America and that says a lot. The fact you guys even bring him up as a option is a breath waster.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
        Sorry, but it's true. Khan doesn't deserve the fight but brings money in. I won't be paying for this PPV, but if this fight does happen, I can't really say **** because nobody is out there. Don't bring up Top Rank and HBO fighters into this argument. If Mayweather has to fight Khan for now, while Danny is making some noise in the WW division, I wouldn't mind that. Floyd vs Danny right now is too one sided. I am willing to be patient with the Amir Khan fight, if we can get a bigger Floyd vs Danny fight later.
        Of course there are opponents, but they are too much risk for Floyd. Golovkin and Pacman, those are the fights people would wanna see. Khan, Garcia, Gurrero, Alvarez = lot's of hype no substance.

Comment

So was Guerrero. It happens. Just deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Sure sure, except Danny owns a brutal destruction over Khan and all Khan has done above 140 is almost get stopped by a former lightweight while Danny just beat 1 of the best fighters in the world.
            Not gettin at you Bush, but Garcia hasn't even fought above 140 and Matthysse wasn't on any pound for pound lists.

Garcia is better than Khan, but he matches up very poorly stylistically against Mayweather. It would be a horrible one-sided fight and even worse spectacle.

To the OP, don't get it twisted, Floyd has plenty of options, it's just that we know he's unwilling to face most of them (or at least the ones we most want to see).
            Last edited by Weebler I; 09-28-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Danny Garcia
              Devon Alexander
              Keith Thurman
              Erislandy Lara
              Hell, even Lucas Matthysse should get a Floyd fight before Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
                What don't you guys get ? No casual fans knows who GGG even is. He's not even on Bradley's level of hype in America and that says a lot. The fact you guys even bring him up as a option is a breath waster.
                I don't know about that. HBO is pushing Golovkin hard.

Comment

Next Mayweather fight should be on regular Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                    Not gettin at you Bush, but Garcia hasn't even fought above 140 and Matthysse wasn't on any pound for pound lists.

Garcia is better than Khan, but he matches up very poorly stylistically against Mayweather. It would be a horrible one-sided fight and even worse spectacle.

To the OP, don't get it twisted, Floyd has plenty of options, it's just that we know he's unwilling to face most of them (or at least the ones we most want to see).
                    OK Garcia hasn't fought above 140, so what. He holds the only clear win ever earned against Mattysse. Who besides Danny is no less than the 2nd best fighter at 140.

Meanwhile in Khan's 1st appearance over 140 he gets dropped and wobbled by a faded former lightweight. Now there's simply no way to act like Khan has done better than Garcia in any way, shape, form or fashion.

Now judging by what we know about Khan and Garcia, I'd always say Garcia has a better chance against the supposed best fighter in the sport over someone as mediocre as Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Now judging by what we know about Khan and Garcia, I'd always say Garcia has a better chance against the supposed best fighter in the sport over someone as mediocre as Khan.
                      You understand boxing and you know how styles work. You may dislike the idea of Khan getting the fight, but anyone can see Garcia's style is made for Floyd to toy with. Boring shut-out, no thanks, watched enough of those.

Khan may or may not get KO'd but he's got some of the fastest hands in the sport and is always in entertaining fights - isn't that why we watch? to be entertained?

Personally I'd rather watch Pacquiao, Martinez, Golovkin or Thurman but if it's between Khan and Garcia, I at least want to be entertained.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 09-28-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X