No announcement yet.

Really Become Amateur Fighter??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
    sSo you trained now 6 hours for the last month and a half?

28 is not too old to compete. you have to train twice a day though, 2 hrs in the mornign and in the evening, if you want to fight in near future
    One hour per week is way, way too little.

But four hours a day is way, way too much, especially for an amateur.

Comment

1-2 hrs / day, 5 days a week. (Some could be conditioning or roadwork.)

Bare minimum 3x a week with trainer / pads and/or sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
        sSo you trained now 6 hours for the last month and a half?

28 is not too old to compete. you have to train twice a day though, 2 hrs in the mornign and in the evening, if you want to fight in near future
        You expect a 28 year old, new to boxing, to jump into what elite level pro fighters train?

Typical NSB style advice.

Comment

I know a guy who's willing to show me some stuff, but let me go once I enter a real gym. He fought Mugabi and Holyfield in the amateurs. I trust him.

Comment

I'm 28 and will be 29 late march next year, with 11 fights. Looking for about 15-20 more. Started boxing at 22. Took about 3 years off because of injuries and bsing but started really dedicating myself now. Why now? Because I now realize in not going to stay young forever. I'll never let someone tell me I'm too old or I'm too late. I did lose some valuable years but this is the way it played out. Work hard and good luck!

Comment

I started boxing 1 week before my 28th bday. I really got into it after the 2nd or 3rd month, training 5-6 days a week for about 2.5-3 hrs a day. I've been training on and off for about 1.5 years now, and I've yet to have my 1st match (2 matches that I was supposed to have both fell through for one reason or another). Part of me feels anxious to get in there and really test myself, and a small part of me feels like maybe I'm not ready yet. But 1 hour a week for $40 a session?? No matter how good the session, your trainer, or your natural talent may be, I'm kinda skeptical of your trainer if he's telling you you should compete already. Have you even sparred yet?

Comment

Working...
              X