Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bryant Jennings Ready To Replace Banks, Face Mitchell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This what helps people get rady to fight the champ, fighting other young hungry contenders, not fighting guys who turn up just for a mid ring nap

Comment

Don't think Mitchells team takes this.....

Jennings is pretty good and not someone you would want on short notice coming off a loss

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Philadelphia, PA—Undefeated heavyweight contender Bryant Jennings, with his sights set on a world heavyweight championship fight, now is willing to step in for the injured Jonathon Banks and take on once-beaten Seth Mitchell on Feb. 16 in Atlantic City, NJ

Jennings, who beat then-undefeated lefty Maurice Byarm on six days’ notice one year ago, stays in shape and will gladly fight Mitchell on the HBO-televised card, according to his promoter, J Russell Peltz.

“If we cannot get (Wladimir) Klitschko, we’ll keep calling out all the other heavyweights until one of them decides to fight Bryant,” Peltz said. “Today’s fighters have to get in shape. The old-timers stayed in shape and Jennings trains like the old-timers—he’s always ready.

“I spoke with Eric Gomez (Golden
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Why not, make it happen GBP.

Comment

I like it! Way more intriguing than the original rematch. Get it done!

Comment

id be surprised if mitchell takes this fight id like to see it tho thats for sure let the winner fight wilder

Comment

Originally posted by extant View Post
              I don't like this fight for either guy. I like them both. This fight is a dangerous for either guy. Another loss for Mitchell would be career threatening. And a loss to Mitchell for Jennings would slow the wonderful progress he's making.
              Boxing is competition, don't forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Daļa View Post
                Boxing is competition, don't forget.
                Amen...Reading some of these posts, sounds like some fans are experts are risk management and would rather two top guys avoid each other until they're "ready."

Mitchell should accept the challenge; Jennings is riding high after some big wins but this guy aint' the second coming of Muhammad Ali. In his last fight he was dropped by journeyman Topou so it's not like the guy doesn't have his flaws.

Comment

Mitchell doesn't want it bad enough. He will come up with some lame ass excuse.

Comment

I believe Brant would win this which tells me Mitchell won't take it...

Comment

Bryant will beat Mitchell thats why Seth wont take this fight

Comment

Working...
                      X