Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer: Edwin Rodriguez Turned Down 500K!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
    Maybe his stint in prison changed his mind. He's lost out on a lot of money and is looking for a good name to put him back towards title shots.
    that's probably very likely but I doubt Golden Boy would want to risk it. it seems like Canelo won't have a mandatory after all and who knows what Cotto is going to do. I could see a Canelo vs Angulo before him vs GGG.

everybody was saying Canelo would fight Cotto in december but Cotto picked Trout out of nowhere. most people think Canelo will fight Cotto on cinco de mayo but Cotto is at a point in his career where he does what he wants.

Canelo isn't fighting Martinez or Mayweather no matter what he's saying.

it just leaves Cotto and if Cotto doesn't want to fight on May 5, Perro Angulo sounds like a pretty good match up.

Comment

I'd need 2 c a copy of the unsigned contract , w/post mark bk to Europe 2 believe it was turned down...IMO that ampunt was not offered, prob in the area of $300k, max...

Comment

If there was a catchweight involved, I'd understand.

Comment

Smart move influenced by DiBella most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by JKidd2624 View Post
            Wonder if Matthew Macklin has been offered the fight? He seems like he'd be willing to fight anyone.

Actually, give it to Jermaine Taylor. Lets get his career over with. It's a title shot like he wanted, and a main event billing!
            I get the feeling DiBella wouldn't let either of those fights happen.

If Golovkin beats a notable opponent on HBO, people will want the Martinez fight even more. So I think the chances are that DiBella does his best to ensure Golovkin doesn't get a good win, that way he can still say "who has he fought?"

I think GBP will keep any of their name LMWs away from Golovkin as well for the same reason, it makes it easier for Quillin to say that Golovkin isn't a big enough name.

That being said I don't think Golovkin or Quillin should fight Jermain Taylor. He looks done to me but if he's going to fight someone decent it should be a prospect or something, not a hard punching world champion.

Comment

Think GGG would punish ERodgriguez and Im not sure why Jermaine is still fighting - For 2013 fighting someone like Rosinsky/George first then maybe Quillen then Macklin would be realistic steps and nice for Golovkin's US career.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Seems like no one wants to face this guy. It's getting pretty ridiculous now.

Both Golovkin and Carlos Molina have struggled to get the fights they deserve, maybe they could face each other.
                That would be a good fight, Molina would give him major problems with his awkwardness.

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                This is sad but at the same time I'm not understanding Golovkin's management, Rodriguez is a huge SMW, the size difference is overwhelming, either GGG is that good or extremely delusional.
                He's that good AND he can't get fights at 154/160.

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                If he'll fight anyone from 154-168, put him in with Angulo at 154 so we could have another Rios-Alvarado type war.

After Angulo has a few warm ups, I seriously doubt he turns down that type of money.

Anyway, I guess Rodriguez's 0 is more important than that cash.
                GGG already tapped that ass in sparring and I'm not sure Angulo's punch resistance is the same after all these punches he took against Kirkland.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  That would be a good fight, Molina would give him major problems with his awkwardness.
                  the way kirkland dropped him, ggg would probably end his life

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  He's that good AND he can't get fights at 154/160.
                  he definitely is

Comment

Rodriguez responded to this himself on the Facebook thread:

"That's funny, cuz I took the fight for less than 500k. Then they pulled the plug. I was told they prefer to fight Thomas osthosusan."

And then:

"Golonkin team goes and tell everyone that wants to listen that he would fight anyone from 154-168 but at the end of the day they offered me a fight but demand that I have to come down to a catch weight, 164lbs."

Comment

Everyone avoids him. They'll get him a 'name' on the wane to start raising his profile a la Jermaine Taylor, Manfredo Jr, Joshua Clottey, Nobhuro Ishida...

Comment

Working...
                      X