Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worse? Floyd retiring to not fight WWs in their prime/ Manny and his superstitions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
    Was Diaz the best at 135? How about Cotto when Mosley was rated #1?
    Diaz the best at 135lbs? HELL NO....he had a belt...and was easy picking for Pac.

Don't throw the triangle theory out there....Cotto beat Mosley, Margarito beat Cotto, Mosley beat Margarito.......we've all heard it before...styles make fights....Cotto was damaged by Margocheato, but a prime Cotto could still give a prime Mosley all he can handle and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
      Was Diaz the best at 135? How about Cotto when Mosley was rated #1?
      Come to my thread bro. Lennox was fofered the payday at first, but then HBO decided not to.

Don't believe the Klit nuthuggers lol

I can't find the article which states that HBO took that 20/30 mill offer away

Comment

manny's superstitions never effected the fans until floyd. floyd could have given the fans so many great fights or at least a couple, he could have cleaned out a loaded WW division. and when floyd retired, there was no fab 5, i think, did you just make that up? the rankings were, after floyd of course, cotto, williams, mosley and margarito, clottey was ranked behind judah, cintron and collazo, and i am pretty sure berto wasn't a top 10 at the time and he was as unproven as a fighter could be. sorry not to be an ass but just though i would mention that. correct me if i am wrong. anyways i think floyd's is worst, maybe manny wouldn't have but i think if he was in that position he would have fought those guys, atleast a couple of them. he did fight barrera, marquez and morales all in a 4 fight span, which leads me to believe he would have done something like that if he was WW a couple years ago, too bad he was still fighting at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
          Why didn't he fight SSM if he always fights the best?
          Roach was't too sure if Pac would be able to take on a WW (pre-Cotto), so he fought Hatton. And please don't say Floyd ruined Hatton.....it was Hatton's 1st loss....Hatton was still the RING champ at 140lbs.....

It would be like saying...Hatton was a chump all along so Floyd's win against him don't mean anything either.

Comment

Originally posted by INVINCEABLE View Post
            Split decision win for Cotto. I thought it was a draw.

Cotto was destroyed by Margarito. Mosley destroyed Margarito, becoming the man at welterweight. Mosley was available, but Pacquiao wanted Cotto or should I say Top Rank ordered Pacquiao to fight Cotto.
            So why didn't the ring magazine (Owned by GBP) not label him as such? Don't you think it would be advantageous for them to do so, esp since Shane was their fighter? Truth be told it was a traingle of victory/losses and their was clear #1 at WW during that time. It came down to shane or cotto, and since Cotto beat Shane....the choice was easy.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
              Roach was't too sure if Pac would be able to take on a WW (pre-Cotto), so he fought Hatton. And please don't say Floyd ruined Hatton.....it was Hatton's 1st loss....Hatton was still the RING champ at 140lbs.....

It would be like saying...Hatton was a chump all along so Floyd's win against him don't mean anything either.
              Floyd didn't ruin Hatton, Hatton ruined Hatton.

Comment

Diaz the best at 135lbs? HELL NO....he had a belt...and was easy picking for Pac.

Don't throw the triangle theory out there....Cotto beat Mosley, Margarito beat Cotto, Mosley beat Margarito.......we've all heard it before...styles make fights....Cotto was damaged by Margocheato, but a prime Cotto could still give a prime Mosley all he can handle and then some.
                yeah agree , neither diaz or oscar were impressive wins, however the way in which he wins those 2 fights was impressive, i love watching that diaz fight, he takes it like a champ, he is a very tough guy.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                  So why didn't the ring magazine (Owned by GBP) not label him as such? Don't you think it would be advantageous for them to do so, esp since Shane was their fighter? Truth be told it was a traingle of victory/losses and their was clear #1 at WW during that time. It came down to shane or cotto, and since Cotto beat Shane....the choice was easy.
                  Mosley was the ring #1 when Pacquiao fought Cotto.

Comment

And please don't say Floyd ruined Hatton.....it was Hatton's 1st loss....Hatton was still the RING champ at 140lbs.....
                    You could argue that Hatton wasn't at his best. Remember when he needed a break to tie his shoes after getting punished by Lazcano?

Comment

whoever says floyd didnt duck cotto and marg are clueless

after cotto beat mosley floyd was forced into a corner to either fight marg or cotto.

he retired. marg beats cotto then gets suspended for illegal wraps. 2 birds with 1 stone.

floyd comes outa retirement.

Comment

Working...
                      X