Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Cain Velasquez deserve a title shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Cain Velasquez deserve a title shot?

8-0 with 7 KO's while beating Nog by KTFO

I wanted to see Carwin Vs. Cain cuz you know either way it wouldnt last long

Well from what I remember he's getting the winner of Lesnar/Carwin, and he does deserve it, IMO.

He'll beat either guy.

Comment

JDS vs Cain should have been on the undercard of Carwin-Lesnar, winner fights winner..

Comment

Well, what else are you going to do with that HW division?

There are only 4 guys in it.

Personally, I'd like to see JDS v. Cain, winner fights Lesnar v. Carwin winner.

Carwin sparks out Cain.

Cain is good, but he gets hit too often by basic punches. As usual, it's the typical inability to roll punches,parry and counter in MMA. Cain would get tapped once and die. Don't forget he got dropped like 3 times against Kongo, and Kongo can't stop a takedown. Carwin's wrestling > Cain's. Checkmate.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
          Well, what else are you going to do with that HW division?

There are only 4 guys in it.

Personally, I'd like to see JDS v. Cain, winner fights Lesnar v. Carwin winner.

Carwin sparks out Cain.

Cain is good, but he gets hit too often by basic punches. As usual, it's the typical inability to roll punches,parry and counter in MMA. Cain would get tapped once and die. Don't forget he got dropped like 3 times against Kongo, and Kongo can't stop a takedown. Carwin's wrestling > Cain's. Checkmate.
          I think Cain has better wrestling.

Comment

cain has been doing good but he's not beating lesnar or carwin. i think he deserves the title shot but wont be able to win it. really this new generation of giant explosive heavyweight seems unbeatable. i thought mir was so much more skilled and experienced than carwin, plus he bulked up and added strength to his arsenal. i thought he was gonna drag carwin into deep water and give him a schooling. didnt happen, now other than carwin and lesnar fighting eachother who else poses a threat. not many in the ufc. maybe overeem but again not in ufc.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
              I think Cain has better wrestling.
              You are wrong.

Comment

carwin or lesnar would be cain, cain is so overrated its unreal. JDS would beat him. and i would have loved to see JDS vs Cain

Comment

Originally posted by SwoleBiceps View Post
                  Well from what I remember he's getting the winner of Lesnar/Carwin, and he does deserve it, IMO.

He'll beat either guy.
                  I agree.

And I think they're saving the Dos Santos vs. Velasquez matchup for when one of them is the UFC HW Champion. It wouldn't be wise to waste that matchup right now and have a promising young title challenger lose momentum.

When Dos Santos beats Nelson, I assume the UFC will put him on the shelf the way they are doing with Velasquez and have him face the winner of the next HW title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                    =

What's so bad about getting dropped by Kongo? Kongo has some of the best and most powerful striking at HW in the UFC.

Besides, Cain has made monumental improvements since that fight.

Cain beats Carwin easily with Footwork, speed and more technical striking.

And Carwin is not a better wrestler than Cain.

Cain is a 2 Time Div 1 All American.

Comment

Working...
                    X