Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There should be a rematch after the tourney if Kessler wants one.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
    His punches didn't do much damage until the headbuts started to rain in.

A competent ref would've deducted points and dq'd Ward.
    Disagree: Ward started to unload early and Kessler was already confused and put back.

But the fight is on again so I'll watch it.

Comment

Rematch??? I mean only close fights should be rematched,,, There was nothing close in this fight, I gave Kessler one round in the fight, i was actually feeling sorry for the guy...

Comment

Originally posted by victoriabeckham View Post
        sounds good.

Kessler can pay off a ref, headbutt his way to two cut eyes (total coincidence), rabbit punch, throw low blows and kidney shots and hold his left hand out to the opponents face w/out punching.

Though i doubt kessler would do that cuz' he's a gentleman and not a total scumbag like ward (who ironically pretends that god is on his side)....

I go vomit now.
        hah u maaaaad

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
          Kessler is a by the book fighter...which is why he also fights the way he does. I can't see him doing anything illegal.
          He got a wake up call on what a Pro fight can be about.
          I think this is the biggest reason as to why Kessler lost.

Kessler has a particular style that needs for his opponents to be in range. The style of the most of his opponents, has been of a similar one as well. The only fighters that presented him with an awkward styloe of angles, high punch output, etc. were Calzaghe and Ward.

Also, you almost never seen any rough tactics or infighting in that style. I've always said he's very uncomfortable in clinches and has troubling adapting. It's ultimately what cost him the fight. He couldn't deal with Ward's lateral movement, angles, footwork, handspeed, etc. and he had no answer for the rough tactics and infighting that Ward employed.

Comment

Originally posted by OTSS View Post
            hah u maaaaad
            Yeah, I don't like cheaters and corrupt refs.

Comment

I agree there should be. Kessler wouldn't have won with or without the headbutts and obvious dirty tactics, but it would have been a far closer fight. The headbutts, but to me the pawing with the jab and then just leaving it out there, pushing off his face with the palm of the glove... not only should a warning have taken place, but a point or two for just leaving his hand there was most certainly deemed. I was really getting some high hopes for Ward, but when I kept seeing all this happened his stock went down more than up. Kessler should get a rematch, I think he still loses, but at least this time it should be more competitive and he also won't be left with any excuses for a loss, or for a win in Wards case.

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
                His punches didn't do much damage until the headbuts started to rain in.

A competent ref would've deducted points and dq'd Ward.
                Actually, Kessler had cuts on his face before any headclashes (though there is no denying a clash had cause one to open) . Also,instead of downplaying or discrediting Andre,why don't you ask yourself why Mikkel couldn't throw a meaningful jab in the fight or keep the smaller guy off of him-a guy who was given never given a decent chance to win against Mikkel by most.
                In this tournament,I see a lot of people crying "hometown decision" or "hometown ref",etc when the fact is, Mikkel's style couldn't impose it's will on a younger less experienced fighter.The same people complaining that Ward was holding,neglect to mention how Mikkel was holding when Andre rattled him-this is not a gentle sport,it is a tough one where you have to utilize all of your advantages-Mikkel couldn't do it....

Comment

Working...
                X