Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin Received His Biggest Offer - Do Not Blame Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    If it was 25% then they should of taken it but I heard different and here it is in B&W...

"The bid amount is split between the fighters, generally a 55-45 split in the case of a WBC title fight between a titleholder and interim titlist."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...adline-looming
    Fat Dan is a lousey reporter. The rule entitling an interim WBC champion to 45% of a purse bid was removed at least 3 years ago.

"Division of Proceeds in a Purse Offer. The net purse offer (after deduction of all sanction fees payable to the WBC hereunder) shall be divided as follows:

(a) 70% for the champion and 30% for the challenger in title bouts; and
    (b) 50% to each contender in the case of vacant titles or elimination bouts;
    provided, however, that the WBC Board of Governors, may by a majority vote, authorize a modification of the division of purse offer proceeds between boxers in a purse offer in unusual or special cases, such as consideration of outstanding marketing value of one of the boxers, as the WBC shall determine in its sole discretion.

The modification of the split shall be limited to 60-40% and 55-45%, except in the most exceptional circumstances, in which the split may be modified to 50-50%."

GGG's mandated split would have been 30%

Clearly, the "consideration of outstanding marketing value of one of the boxers" amendment would not have applied to Golovkin in comparison to Canelo.

http://wbcboxing.com/wbceng/Rules/WB...anuary2014.pdf
    Last edited by kafkod; 02-24-2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
      BBB side fans have trouble grasping the fact that Canelo wants the fight, but doesn't need it. If the fight never happens Canelo will still be making huge purses fighting twice a year for the next decade. BBB side doesn't have that advantage, what ever you think of the offer, its more than BBB side will in his next 3-4 fights combined without Canelo.
      Canelo and GBP have been pretty clear its a take it or leave it offer. Canelo will arguably make more getting the majority of the money against Jr. plus he can fight BJS or do a Cotto rematch this fall and get his usual payday.
      Leverage is all about who has the better options and BBB side has none.
      I wonder how much Canelo could make against BJS? I wonder how much he would make in a rematch against Cotto (who will negociate btw). Those are this best options. Plus I wonder how many paying fans he would lose if he ran that long from GGG. You see even if he doesn't get beat by any of those guys his fans will continue watching a guy tip toeing around GGG. He doesn't have a guaranteed contract like Floyd had with HBO and SHO. After the Chavez Jr fight, I think it takes Canelo 3-5 fights to make the money he could make against GGG. Also don't forget Canelo does not have the same fan base that Floyd did; a base that loved the running and **** talking. Mexican fans have a limited tolerance for talking outside the ring.

Everybody agrees Canelo has the advantage today but without guaranteed money from HBO or SHO his current advantage could come to an end real quick. So does Canelo NEED the fight? Let me put it like this... boxing fans don't need Canelo. Here are just a few fighters that are willing to fight anybody in their division right now: Bud, Spence, GGG, Chocolatito, Krusher, Hi-Tech, Zurdo, AJ etc... I give GBP credit for building the fight this long but without guaranteed money they'll need to make a wise business decision soon.

Comment

• Why do they think we are so dumb. My pay for my last job has nothing to do with my pay for this job. For as much as De La Hoya hates Mayweather & Heyman, he sure loves using their methods to avoid a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
          Canelo ran from the challenge, when Golovkin was his WBC mandatory. Vacating the belt in face of the challenge is unheard of for mexican fighters. Now he tries to play money game as if this did not happen. He needs to pay whatever money GGG asks to erase this blemish, while GGG is still "kind of" in his prime. Waiting for the other guy to age and hiding behind money issues is cowardice. It is pretty simple.

Canelo dropped the belt days before it went to purse bid because the belt situation of both mandated a 55/45 split, there is no way Golovkin was getting anywhere near 45%.

the WBC would hold a purse bid, an auction in which promotional rights to the fight would have gone to the highest bidder. The bid amount is split between the fighters, generally a 55-45 split in the case of a WBC title fight between a titleholder and interim titlist.
          Since then, Golovkin has been offered the biggest fight of his career (at his preferred weight), a chance to become a star and 3x his highest purse; he said no.

Comment

• It's a raw deal but if GGG thinks he can handle Canelo,he should do it..GGG's already made 25 mil with another 5 next month...the offer sucks but take it and kick his ass already

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

Canelo dropped the belt days before it went to purse bid because the belt situation of both mandated a 55/45 split, there is no way Golovkin was getting anywhere near 45%.

Since then, Golovkin has been offered the biggest fight of his career (at his preferred weight), a chance to become a star and 3x his highest purse; he said no.
              Not sure it's 45%, see kafkod links above. But moreso, even 45% is MUCH less than 15m, dumba$$. That's leverage lost

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Not sure it's 45%, see kafkod links above. But moreso, even 45% is MUCH less than 15m, dumba$$. That's leverage lost
                The $15million offer is the best they are going to get, that's the problem.

He's being offered more than he's worth and the biggest fight of his life, yet they said no.

Comment

• Originally posted by 123tommy View Post
                  It's a raw deal but if GGG thinks he can handle Canelo,he should do it..GGG's already made 25 mil with another 5 next month...the offer sucks but take it and kick his ass already
                  How does $15million suck? Seriously, how many fighters outside of Mayweather and Pacquiao have received that kind of money for a fight?

It's 3x his highest ever purse. Canelo made a total of $12million to fight Mayweather in a FAR bigger fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    The $15million offer is the best they are going to get, that's the problem.

He's being offered more than he's worth and the biggest fight of his life, yet they said no.
                    Why are you still pushing that ridiculous talking point about Canelo vacating because of the purse bid split? You lying to us or yourself?

Look dummy, all the insiders are saying, a flat fee is not OK here. It's never happened before. You don't think such unprecedented **** has something to do with Canelos famous duck?

Comment

• Then why offer him (reportedly) $15M? Or even $10M?

If it's about getting him the biggest deal he's seen, then why not just offer him $5M? Especially if, as Canelo suggests, he's nowhere near worth 10 or 15?

It's because they know how big this fight is going to be, and they know part of the reason for it is because of Golovkin and the fans he's going to attract. So they want to get everything from it, and just give him a flat fee for showing up. Despite the fact that he's going to contribute greatly to those PPV buys.

Comment

Working...
                      X