Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I'll Be No. 1 P4P Once I Beat Two Lightweight Champs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
    "i wont fight walters without a title, but a year lay off sounds like unified champion to me" - lomachenko...

i didnt make this up..get his balls out your mouth and realize...he and TR robbed us of seeing the best match that had...they robbed us of 2 possible career opponets like pac and marquez...therefore he will never be on their level to me...
    Arum is a genius when it comes to WHEN to make a fight.

Comment

Hard to deny him if he does what he says. Especially if he takes on and beats Garcia and someone else like Easter although not entirely sold on Easter just yet but he's on his way.

Comment

Is Loma. Is love.

Lomachenko has a brilliant attitude, and boxing would be a much better sport if every boxer had the same attitude. But - it is easy to have such a great attitude when you are godly like Loma is. Lesser boxers might have to have worse attitudes because the reality is that they are not as gifted.

But, as much as I admire his attitude, it isn't without pitfalls. He lost to Salido because of his hunger to step it up as quickly as possible. I wouldn't want to see him take on a stupid challenge (like a big jump in weight classes) just to prove himself.

What do I want to see from him? Fighting four times a year. Cleaning out the division. Then, as his weight naturally increases a bit, doing the same one division higher. Taking on the best fighters available to him within his weight class (maybe one up or down if it doesn't mess with him too much).

I don't want to see him holding out for the big marquee fights only.

Comment

it's only loma fanboys who want that fight bc rigo is smaller, inactive, and older...

if rigo was at 135, bigger, and hell he can still be old...AND THEY WOULD BE PUSHING THAT FIGHT AT ALL..this dude has the most transparent fan base of any fighter...their small as a fanbase, but they suck nuts hard..soooo they show up
          First paragraph is bullshit. This was a very intriguing fight that hardcore boxing fans wanted to see.

Second paragraph is also crap. Loma fans are excited to see him fight Garcia which would be a huge risk.

Quit making up nonsense and go back to defending Stevenson.

Comment

Lomachenko is already Number 1 Pound For Pound Fighter Of The World in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              First paragraph is bullshit. This was a very intriguing fight that hardcore boxing fans wanted to see.

Second paragraph is also crap. Loma fans are excited to see him fight Garcia which would be a huge risk.

it's one weight class to fight garcia...it's 2 for rigo to go to 130..

..do u see anyone saying loma HAS TO FIGHT CRAWFORD...

now imagine if loma was laid off and not gettitng fights they surely wouldnt be saying bc they arent already saying...AND U KNOW WAT I DONT WANT LOMA VS CRAWFORD OR CARCIA...i want him to fight at teh class he's at..i just want him to fight ppl who bob arum havent manipulated...and he's doing it with sosa so as of now i'm happy..but i dont respect his past, and i wont be dreaming about his future until he does something in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                Arum is a genius when it comes to WHEN to make a fight.
                yes a genuis to ppl who play stupid..they know loma wouldnt have fought walters if loma was on a year layoff..BUT THEY ARE SETTING LOMA UP FOR FAILURE..

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

futhermore how tf do ppl dream up fights for mikey garcia when he's 2 fight back, and just fought guy that hadnt proved anything except he comes forward...

that's setting the bar pretty easy if loma is really a p4p top 3 fighter...i rather see them pay corrales for a unification..corrales dominated a long reigning champ TWICE...HE'S THE NUMBER 1 AT 130...results say so..that's all i care about

Comment

it's one weight class to fight garcia...it's 2 for rigo to go to 130..
                    As another poster said, the ship has sailed. This fight was being talked about when Loma was still at 126, so Rigo would've only had to go up one class, not two. I agree that expecting him to go up two weight classes would be silly and unfair.

Comment

I'm with you 100% on both your points.
                      Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                      I WOULD RESPECT HIM EVEN IF HE WAS BRASH AND ARROGANT..... BRASHNESS AND ARROGANCE SHOULD NOT BE HELD AGAINST CHAMPIONS WITH GREAT SKILLS.... IN MY OPINION.... I RESPECT MAYWEATHER IN THE RING EVEN THOUGH HE DOES A LOT OF CRAZY **** OUTSIDE....

Comment

Working...
                      X