Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your boxing awards of the year so far for 2016?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your boxing awards of the year so far for 2016?

I know this ain't NSB, but there's at least two categories here that they're not keen on:

Fight of the Year -
    Fighter of the Year -
    KO of the Year -
    Dish of the Year -
    Pwn of the Year -
    Kessle of the Year - (To Kessle: to accept defeat and mentally fold)
    **** of the Year -
    Last edited by !! Anorak; 07-28-2016, 06:07 PM.

Here's my take:

Fight of the Year - Dunno. I was gonna say Fonfara vs Cleverly, that was a fun phonebox scrap, but I see that was last year. What happened this year?

Fighter of the Year - God knows. Danny Williams.

KO of the Year - Dunno. Need to think. Maybe Ricky Conlan's, just because it was Ricky Conlan?

Dish of the Year - The most important category, and I've got nothing.

Pwn of the Year - Have we had much pwn this year? Remember when Carl Froch said Calzaghe's career had "more question marks than the riddler's cat suit."

Kessle of the Year - Lucas Matthyse. At least, that's what ßringer told me.

**** of the Year - Only one contender here. Anyone who can make the entire Mexican population of this site say "hey, Amigo, it not a duck, he always light middle his whole career, honestly, senor, now you give me green card" has to be a special kind of ****.

Comment

What about cuck of the year?

Comment

Nice thread attempt, but it needs more election discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          Paulie M wins this every year.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
            Paulie M wins this every year.
            I'll never forget all of his ridiculous rants about Manny Pacquiao basically being the worst fighter to ever exist despite being an 8 time world champion who beat down guys that literally rearranged Paulie's face.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              I'll never forget all of his ridiculous rants about Manny Pacquiao basically being the worst fighter to ever exist despite being an 8 time world champion who beat down guys that literally rearranged Paulie's face.
              He does seem unbecomingly bitter about Ping Ping, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                He does seem unbecomingly bitter about Ping Ping, for sure.
                I get that PEDs are a major problem in the world of sports and would agree that there's enough anecdotal evidence to think that maybe something was up with Manny's run, but the way he would talk about him just came across as spiteful and unnecessary. Particularly when he was also bending over backwards to blow Mayweather for his (then) perceived superiority to Pacquiao.

I mean, if you're going to indict Pacquiao on charges of juicing based solely on anecdotal evidence then it's incumbent upon you as a supposedly unbiased source to also not ignore the same anecdotal evidence to support the case that other fighters (including Floyd) were also juicing.

Personally, I think that all of the fighters are the elite level are on something. There's just too much financial incentive for them not to be.

But don't be a hypocritical d*ck about it just because you're a feather-fisted wigger who plucks his eyebrows more than any woman I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                  I get that PEDs are a major problem in the world of sports and would agree that there's enough anecdotal evidence to think that maybe something was up with Manny's run, but the way he would talk about him just came across as spiteful and unnecessary. Particularly when he was also bending over backwards to blow Mayweather for his (then) perceived superiority to Pacquiao.

I mean, if you're going to indict Pacquiao on charges of juicing based solely on anecdotal evidence then it's incumbent upon you as a supposedly unbiased source to also not ignore the same anecdotal evidence to support the case that other fighters (including Floyd) were also juicing.

Personally, I think that all of the fighters are the elite level are on something. There's just too much financial incentive for them not to be.

But don't be a hypocritical d*ck about it just because you're a feather-fisted wigger who plucks his eyebrows more than any woman I've ever seen.
                  Just don't talk about his sidepiece.

I do think there were definitely times when Manny looked Pinged up.

"Muh-muh-manneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, c-c-c-ome and get your special waterrrrrrrrrrr."

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Freddie roach for saying he wouldn't let manny fight Crawford

Comment

Working...
                    X