Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Couldn't Fight Everyone, Must Make Business Sense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
    The hate and discrediting of Floyd is tangent proof that you will NOT acquire universal acclaim in this highly subjective sport. The whole "cherry pick" metaphor has been massively dented. Look back on these forums back after he came off of the Hatton victory in 2007. People were clamoring for him to fight Cotto/Margarito/Williams. He fought JMM, and people complained that he should fight Mosley who dismantled Margarito. He did so, and people weren't satisfied. He's ducking Cotto, he's ducking Pacquiao, if he had chosen not to fight Canelo, they would've thrown his name in the hat. He fought those guys and beat all of them. He gave rematches to people who legitimately deserved them.

I've said it COUNTLESS times and I'll say it again. If you were to copy/paste Mayweather's career from the last 8 years and tack it on ANY other fighter in the sport, he would garner a lot of credit. Mayweather beat the grand majority of fighters people wanted him to fight, including Pacquiao. Give the man his due. You can't fight EVERY SINGLE threat that comes along. Every resumè has holes here and there.

Why doesn't Canelo fight Lara again considering how close it was?

Why didn't Ricky Hatton ever fight Junior Witter in Europe?

Why didn't Manny Pacquiao ever stick around 135 or 140 for a while to make his stake more significant there instead of fighting Joshua Clottey and Antonio Margarito?

Considering the fighters he's beaten (former/current world champions) and with relative ease, Mayweather will go down as one of the best fighters in history. Unfortunately, his personality and ill conceived notion that he "runs" will not be removed by his ignorant detractors. You can't fight every single significant fighter at today's slowed down pace at the higher levels and expect to not burn out. His resumé is spectacular at best and respectable at worst.

Lastly, while his "0" is NOT what makes him a great fighter, it IS a feather in his cap considering the gauntlet of fighters he's taken on and still managed to escape unscathed.
    Preach brother preach. What you gotta say to that Floyd haters besides ignorant woman beater comments? You alright with me man. Great post.

Comment

So FM is saying a fight with Berto, who had three straight loses going into this bout, made more financial sense than a fight with better known bigger name Kahn??? That's a pretty weak case.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        Problem is when Floyd fought those guys.

For exemple, Canelo was green and IMO the Ginger is still Learning.

I think Floyd is a smart cherry picker.

Just my own opinion, don't be so sensitive.
        Lol, try to enlighten someone and they are quick to run back to their ignorant little shell.

I just proved to you that he fought em when he did coz they were ducking him for years, that includes Manny, and Roach admited as such so that one aint even debatable, Roach admitted it was their fault they fight didn't happen before.

They all ducked Floyd, Prince Naseem, Casemoya, Tszyu, Mosley, Oscar, all of em.

Only guy I can't accuse is Margacheato, but Floyd didn't have to fight him, he had bigger fish to fry, like the lineal and wbc champ who was unbeaten in eight years and the recently undisputed champ, whom he agreed to fight while he was undisputed.

The Canelo excuses are lame, no one who has 43 fights in his resume is green. He simply got outclassed, end of story. 43 freakin fights, unbeaten, and world champion, but he's green?

Lol, worse thing is everyone was clamoring for the fight and accusing Floyd of ducking until he signed on the dotted line, then yawl swich stances and say he was green? Lol, get out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
          Lol, try to enlighten someone and they are quick to run back to their ignorant little shell.

I just proved to you that he fought em when he did coz they were ducking him for years, that includes Manny, and Roach admited as such so that one aint even debatable, Roach admitted it was their fault they fight didn't happen before.

They all ducked Floyd, Prince Naseem, Casemoya, Tszyu, Mosley, Oscar, all of em.

Only guy I can't accuse is Margacheato, but Floyd didn't have to fight him, he had bigger fish to fry, like the lineal and wbc champ who was unbeaten in eight years and the recently undisputed champ, whom he agreed to fight while he was undisputed.

The Canelo excuses are lame, no one who has 43 fights in his resume is green. He simply got outclassed, end of story. 43 freakin fights, unbeaten, and world champion, but he's green?

Lol, worse thing is everyone was clamoring for the fight and accusing Floyd of ducking until he signed on the dotted line, then yawl swich stances and say he was green? Lol, get out of here.
          Listen, I don't give a shyte about FMJ.

You can write all the comments you want.
          I disagree, get over it, you don't have to react like a groupie.

I think Canelo is a more polished fighter right now and he was an unexperianced=green fighter back in 2013.
          I think Floyd didn't fight the best fighters or when he did fight some of the bests they were over the hill.

End of, maybe Floyd was ducked by all those fighters, but I'm not convinced about that.
          I also think Floyd is a smart guy who knows how to manipulate medias and sports organizations.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
            So when Floyd fought Marquez and Mosley they were too old and over the hill. Floyd fights a younger, bigger, stronger, undefeated champion at the time (Alvarez) he's too green. So who would have been a better fight for Floyd besides Alvarez at that time. I'll wait for a reasonable response.

Marquez was quite over the hill but also too small.
            This fight IMO was a mismatch.
            Mosley was old, maybe it was Mosley's fault, but again the guy wasn't at his best.

Regarding CANELO being finally a young in his prime foe, the is a margin between 23 and 39 years old??

Don't get me wrong Floyd had a great career and his probably one of the best we ever saw. He mastered boxing to a new level, but my problem is that he did the same with cherry picking.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post
              So FM is saying a fight with Berto, who had three straight loses going into this bout, made more financial sense than a fight with better known bigger name Kahn??? That's a pretty weak case.
              That's just not true.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
                Yea, Berto and Maidana over Khan makes "business" sense.
                Yes , berto, maidana and pacman over khan make alot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
                  Floyd haters are the saltiest guys ever, lol. There just mad all their hopefuls to beating him failed. If Floyd was white he wouldn't be hated as much. Yeah I said it.
                  Can you imagine? If Floyd was white he'd be a god. Just look at the hype Rousey or McGregor get when they have accomplished jack shit in comparison to Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Can you imagine? If Floyd was white he'd be a god. Just look at the hype Rousey or McGregor get when they have accomplished jack shit in comparison to Mayweather.
                    Lol there are finishers and their are runners. That's the big difference. Figure it out dude. It's not color. Do you know Anderson Silva. His black and used to be a god in MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ. View Post
                      Yes , berto, maidana and pacman over khan make alot of sense.
                      would maidana pacman khan over berto makes a better sense than what you think makes a lot of sense? LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X