Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Saw Golovkin's WBC Spot as Financially Motivated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto right now is the biggest disgrace in Boxing.

Comment

• Cotto is slick when it came to negotiating this perfectly. At the same time the WBC ****ed up due to the fact that they stripped him disqualifying the notion of him even paying the sanction fees because technically he's not the mandatory from what I'm getting I'm no NSB expert lawyer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        This is the exact same thing that said, How was GGG made a mandatory for the WBC belt when he is a champion with another organisation. Nobody was able to answer me that apart from the "He beat Rubio for the interim belt"....... I have never seen this happen before, where a champion of another organisation is made a mandatory of another organisation, if that isnt corruption then i dont know what it is then.
        I want to know if Rubio was a bit aware of the "setup" why would the WBC even make Domenico Spada vs Rubio for the interim WBC belt when there was already an active champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
          Cotto is slick when it came to negotiating this perfectly. At the same time the WBC ****ed up due to the fact that they stripped him disqualifying the notion of him even paying the sanction fees because technically he's not the mandatory from what I'm getting I'm no NSB expert lawyer.
          I see it this way too. GGG didnt demand the fight as the mando and instead took the money but no contract (team GGG fumble). Now belt is gone before fight so GGG is no longer mando so why pay him (WBC fumble).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            This is the exact same thing that said, How was GGG made a mandatory for the WBC belt when he is a champion with another organisation. Nobody was able to answer me that apart from the "He beat Rubio for the interim belt"....... I have never seen this happen before, where a champion of another organisation is made a mandatory of another organisation, if that isnt corruption then i dont know what it is then.
            Corruption my arse. That's exactly what boxing needs. If it happened all the time, with every sanctioning organization, we would soon be back to the good old days of ONE unified champion in every division.

Corruption is the alphabet boys refusing to rank champions of rival organisations or share the sanctioning fees in unification fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Criticise the WBC for a long list of corrupt practices...

But you want to criticise the WBC for installing other champions as a WBC mandatory? That's a clear indication that your bias against a certain fighter has gone way too far.

Btw, if you want to get smart about it, the WBC President reserves the right to install any fighter as a 'special circumstance' for the WBC title. Its there to allow for megafights where the rules usually wouldnt allow them to happen. I despise most of the practices of the WBC, but give them credit where its due. The Wlad/Wilder, Kovalev/Stevenson and GGG/Cotto scenarios haven't been made more difficult by the WBC, even where theres a possibilty its in their political/financial interest to do so..

As for the thread, the entire sport of professional boxing is financially motivated.
              Lol, yeah. The word "professional" is a pretty good clue that this is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                I want to know if Rubio was a bit aware of the "setup" why would the WBC even make Domenico Spada vs Rubio for the interim WBC belt when there was already an active champion.
                They did that for 2 reasons:

1. It resolved the Rubio complaint of the Chavez non-drug test issue

2. It allowed Martinez-Cotto to proceed

It would have worked itself out, but of course Queen Cotto wouldnt do the mando with Rubio and wasted 6 months screwing around with the initial Canelo negotiations that went nowhere......
                Last edited by OnePunch; 11-19-2015, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Cotton is a fraud and a scared little beech plain and simple. Why doesn't he just come out and say I want a mayweather rematch and I have no interest in fighting GGG. He would obviously be ducking him but at least he can be given credit for coming out and speaking the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                    "What Cotto is trying to do is screw over another boxer..?!"

BWaHAhaahahahahahaHAHahahahaHAhaaha!!!

You ******ed fck
                    Am I the only one who doesn't get the joke here?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Am I the only one who doesn't get the joke here?
                      Yes you are you ****** FCK

Comment

Working...
                      X