X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prostate exams?????

Who here has had a prostate exam?

How was your experience? Was it good, bad, or just blah.

I’ve had my prostate exam a couple years ago. Going into it I had the normal macho straight thinking about it. How I don’t want a finger in my ass, how it’s going to hurt. To tell you the truth though, it was not bad at all. No pain or discomfort. Maybe a little weird getting probed with a man’s finger but with it lubed it was all in all just fine. My prostate was declared healthy and functioning normally.

Who else had their prostate checked out?

A digital exam of the prostate is only a very basic step. Depending on your age you also may need a blood test to determine your PSA. Ahhhh PSA result may indicate cancer (but maybe not). If your PSA is high a further blood test todeterminefree PSA should be completed. If you have a high % of free PSA that would indicate a lower chance of having cancer BUT no matter if your PSA is high you need totgen get a biopsy. Not a fun event! Just had one and then youwait on pins and needles to get your results. Mine were all benign BUT you still then needtogo back in three months to get your PSA tested AGAIN. If high youthen need to get an MRI. It becomes an ongoing saga butget it all done. Catching it late if cancer and you’re a goner

Comment

not yet but I'm getting close

Comment

Just do it. That's all I'm going to say.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
          not yet but I'm getting close

I wouldn’t sweat it. The thought of getting it done is way worse than it actually happening. It’s rather easy.

I know you will power through like a champion.

Comment

Haven't done it yet and not looking forward to it either

Comment

Stop being a phag and get checked. Early detection is especially key with prostate cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                A digital exam of the prostate is only a very basic step. Depending on your age you also may need a blood test to determine your PSA. Ahhhh PSA result may indicate cancer (but maybe not). If your PSA is high a further blood test todeterminefree PSA should be completed. If you have a high % of free PSA that would indicate a lower chance of having cancer BUT no matter if your PSA is high you need totgen get a biopsy. Not a fun event! Just had one and then youwait on pins and needles to get your results. Mine were all benign BUT you still then needtogo back in three months to get your PSA tested AGAIN. If high youthen need to get an MRI. It becomes an ongoing saga butget it all done. Catching it late if cancer and you’re a goner
                Does the doctor insert his whole hand into your a.n.u.s like people claim?

Comment

I am supposed to get one yearly, but I get it every other year. It’s very unpleasant.

My doc in the states had sausage fingers, which didn’t help the already uncomfortable situation.

My j doctors has slip fingers, but it still is very uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                    Stop being a phag and get checked. Early detection is especially key with prostate cancer.
                    Exactly my friend. It’s really no big deal. The ones who are apprehensive about it are the ones who deep down inside them feel they will like it to much.

Comment

Working...
                    X