Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Charlo's aura of invincibility or Hungriness got exposed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
    Him v Jacobs would be good, you're right. I just think Jacobs might be a bit too good for him. My opinion.

Saunders would be an absolutely awful style for him though
    Jacobs may prove to be better, but his chin is going to be checked in that fight. Can he hold up? Korobov for the most part avoided those big shots until the end. But Charlo's jab is much more effective against right handers than southpaws. That's a really good 50/50 type of fight. Jacobs doesn't really have all that great defense either and has a bad habit of pulling straight out. I could see Charlo clipping him on the inside.

BJS is definitely a tough match up for Charlo.

GGG vs Charlo is the fight I want to see the most. That is a flat out WAR. Charlo and GGG have monster chins and neither will take a back step. GGG may have to be the boxer in that fight and he's capable of fighting that type of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Jacobs may prove to be better, but his chin is going to be checked in that fight. Can he hold up? Korobov for the most part avoided those big shots until the end. But Charlo's jab is much more effective against right handers than southpaws. That's a really good 50/50 type of fight. Jacobs doesn't really have all that great defense either and has a bad habit of pulling straight out. I could see Charlo clipping him on the inside.

BJS is definitely a tough match up for Charlo.

GGG vs Charlo is the fight I want to see the most. That is a flat out WAR. Charlo and GGG have monster chins and neither will take a back step. GGG may have to be the boxer in that fight and he's capable of fighting that type of fight.
      Charlos chin is unproven. One fight with an inactive guy doesnt prove anything.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
        Jermall stands no chance at Middleweight against the top guys. Korobov is ok but he's 35 and was never that good in his prime.

I can't see Charlo beating Canelo, Jacobs, GGG or Saunders. I could even see Saunders (at his best) making him look pretty bad.
        Stylistically, Saunders is the worse match-up for Jermall. I think his best chance is against an aging GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Stylistically, Saunders is the worse match-up for Jermall. His best chance is against an aging GGG.
          Definitely, i've just been saying that.

On tonight's showing and his other showings against southpaws, he should never get in the ring with Saunders. Saunders does everything Korobov does but better and slicker being younger..and he also has a very good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
            Charlos chin is unproven. One fight with an inactive guy doesnt prove anything.
            Korobov isn't just a soft WMJ type of puncher. He landed FLUSH shots same as JRock, and Charlo didn't blink. Is his chin is legit. You may be able to out box him, but he's not getting stopped.

Comment

Styles makes fights. Charlo struggled similarly with Trout's southpaw stance and slickness. BJS is a bad match up for him, but not Jacobs. He has no chance to beat Jacobs? The same guy that struggled vs Sulecki and then was pretty much even with Derevyanchenko? Disagree big time. And Charlo's chin is super legit. A fight against GGG would be a war and a competitive fight.
              Stop it. Derevyanchenko would beat Charloss.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Stylistically, Saunders is the worse match-up for Jermall. I think his best chance is against an aging GGG.
                Charlo has a good chance against both Jacobs and GGG. Stylistically those are good fights for him. He may lose, but those are close to 50/50 fights.

BJS is a bad fight for him, I'd favor BJS 60/40 in that one.

Canelo fight would be good too but obviously you have to favor him.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                  Stop it. Derevyanchenko would beat Charloss.
                  Possibly, but Jacobs isn't this unstoppable force. He's a very good fighter that could compete with any MW but also lose to any of the top guys.

Comment

Korobov isn't just a soft WMJ type of puncher. He landed FLUSH shots same as JRock, and Charlo didn't blink. Is his chin is legit. You may be able to out box him, but he's not getting stopped.
                    Again, a fight against an inactive 35 hear old who took the fight on late notice, doesnt qualify Charlo as having a chin.

Comment

Charlo has a good chance against both Jacobs and GGG. Stylistically those are good fights for him. He may lose, but those are close to 50/50 fights.

BJS is a bad fight for him, I'd favor BJS 60/40 in that one.

Canelo fight would be good too but obviously you have to favor him.
                      Jermall/Jacobs should still happen at some point. I think that's the fight that will test Jermall's mettle.

Comment

Working...
                      X