No announcement yet.

21 new job openings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 new job openings

Let's see how many Americans apply for those jobs.....

Federal immigration agents descended on dozens of 7-Eleven convenience stores across the country before daybreak on Wednesday, arresting undocumented workers and demanding paperwork from managers, in what the Trump administration described as its largest enforcement operation against employers so far.

The sweeps of 98 stores in 17 states, from California to Florida, resulted in 21 arrests, according to United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which signaled intensified efforts against businesses that hire unauthorized workers.

“Today’s actions send a strong message to U.S. businesses that hire and employ an illegal work force: ICE will enforce the law, and if you are found to be breaking the law, you will be held accountable,” Thomas D. Homan, the acting director of the agency, said in a statement.
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/us/7-eleven-raids-ice.html?referer=https://t.co/9lfNYIWOwO?amp=1

I see 60 year old American women working at walmart & gas stations every day since moving to the pacific northwest.

The reason they leave those jobs in certain cities (like back in LA) is because it becomes physically unsafe. They're willing to do the jobs to make ends meet but the environments become too foreign/racially hostile.
    Last edited by ////; 01-11-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

98 stores, 17 states and only busted 21 people lmfao. Sounds like a damn failure to me unless your an actual ice agent who trying to secure your job lmfao. I can bust over 100 people right now my self with no resources.

Comment

I really hope that some of those arrested were the owners of those 7/11's and not the illegals.

Arresting the owners and closing their stores would truly make a difference. Arresting and deporting 22 illegals would do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          98 stores, 17 states and only busted 21 people lmfao. Sounds like a damn failure to me unless your an actual ice agent who trying to secure your job lmfao. I can bust over 100 people right now my self with no resources.
          Be a good citizen and do your duty

Comment

you gonna finally get yourself a job mate?

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              I see 60 year old American women working at walmart & gas stations every day since moving to the pacific northwest.

The reason they leave those jobs in certain cities (like back in LA) is because it becomes physically unsafe. They're willing to do the jobs to make ends meet but the environments become too foreign/racially hostile.
              My mom worked those jobs... I came from poor people. My parents were not hostile, they were meek..

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post

This.

I see the same in my hometown in NC - rural/suburban areas where they don't have to have bulletproof glass and worry about getting robbed, and shot every shift.

Comment

Working...
                X