No announcement yet.

Ward beating Kovalev should move him back to #1 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward beating Kovalev should move him back to #1 P4P

Would you agree? Do you all think that's enough to boost him past Chocalotito?

I think he's #1 P4P right now, but this should bump him back up.

Outside of the two years of limited activity, he's barely lost rounds to top level competition. That goes a long way....

Winner of this fight is the clear #1 p4p

Comment

I think everyone agrees winner is P4P #1

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post

Outside of the two years of limited activity, he's barely lost rounds to top level competition. That goes a long way....
        the did the same thing to floyd when manny mania was at a high from 08-2010

I guess they hoped mayweather lost talent and he forgot decades of boxing knowledge

ward nevee rlost in the ring and is still in top form. he is clearly one of the best in the world. around 2012-2013 before the inactivity he was # 2 p4p imo...sometimes i put him ahead of floyd because floyd was past prime but had a better resume. iF HE BEATS KOV, he is proven # 1

Comment

Chocalito isn't on my p4p list after the beating that he took from Caudras during his last fight. I can't recall the last time the pound for pound number one took a beating while being in his prime... disgraceful. Now that little minion wants to make demands at HBO,if I was an exec, I would pull out a tricycle and tell him to start pedaling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
            I think everyone agrees winner is P4P #1
            absolutely no logical argument against it

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
              Chocalito isn't on my p4p list after the beating that he took from Caudras during his last fight. I can't recall the last time the pound for pound number one took a beating while being in his prime... disgraceful. Now that little minion wants to make demands at HBO,if I was an exec, I would pull out a tricycle and tell him to start pedaling.
              He gets a bit of a pass because he was moving up, but it was a good, competitive fight...

Comment

Its the best win no doubt.... but how do top a guy that's been actively climbing weights fighting top competition winning lineal and beating top #1-#2. in his division? since 2008. Ward is going on his third weight ( second one that he might become world champion ) Kovalev has been @175 all his career and only started fighting the best three years ago ; both guys are older and Kovalev is just taking on someone who is a real threat to his reign at 33 and when was the last time anyone of these guys fought a lineal champion? because Stevenson is still THE MAN ( right I know Ward became lineal but its not the same -- he establish a new linage)....now Ward has been inactive, his last meaningful fight was 2012!!!. Ward-Kovalev winner is a better look for the casuals every-time Gonzalez is mention they talk about his size....you know its just public perception when you really weigh things as if you never seen these guys in your life and look at the accomplishments its clear who the P4P really is.

But ugh....WAR S.O.G America rules supreme.

Comment

there will be millions of excuses flying it will be funny to see

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post

and what top level comp has he fought the last five years?

Comment

Working...
                    X