Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis is one of the most underrated champions of all times. Shame shame shame.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox is the greatest. He destroyed and humiliated the only two L's on his record. He even punished Biggs for getting one over on him in the Olympics.

Bad mother****er.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
      Bloody Lie. By no means did Tyson dominate Ruddock in both fights.

Wtf.. Stop discrediting Ruddock. The 2nd fight was a war and Tyson was pushed to his limits. Tyson vs Ruddock was not 'domination'
      Um check how many times Ruddock hit the canvas. Yeah he did hit Tyson but Tyson ATE those shots like CANDY and he ended up with broken ribs and a shattered jaw.

Look at the poor dude in the post fight interview and you can tell how much he suffered against Tyson. He's barely even talking and you could tell that he's been seriously damaged.

I'll take Ruddock's word of him being finished after the Tyson fights. Tyson would handily on a decision in the second fight ... and it would've been even wider if he didn't hit him low and get points deducted for low blows.

Lewis is OK and at the bottom of top 10 but he doesn't belong in the upper echelon.
      Last edited by TysonBomb; 12-24-2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
        Lennox is the greatest. He destroyed and humiliated the only two L's on his record. He even punished Biggs for getting one over on him in the Olympics.

Bad mother****er.
        McCall was crying even before he got in the ring

They took a man out of rehab who was throwing christmas trees in hotel lobbies and made him fight. Joke

Comment

• Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post

They took a man out of rehab who was throwing christmas trees in hotel lobbies and made him fight. Joke
          News Flash: most of boxers are crazy. Sonny Liston did a whole lot worse than Mccall and it never stopped him from tearing mother****ers apart.

Its when these crazies go up against elites like Ali and Lennox when they fall apart. The pressure of beating a focused Lennox was too great and it broke Mccall. Lennox is the only man Mccall quit against. No other tkos on his record.

Comment

• Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post

McCall cried a lot. That wasn't the first or last time he entered the ring with tears in his eyes.

Comment

• No doubt Lennox Lewis is an All Time Great, I don't think even his Haters are Denying that...HOW HIGH? Now that is the debate! I think he is in the Top 10 for sure, how high is debatable

yes it was Lennox (NOT THE KLITCHSKO BROTHERS) who pretty much ripped Heavyweight Boxing away from America...HBO was lining up guys desperate to see an American take the title away from Lennox even got so desperate that they robbed him against Holyfield which I remember being so pissed off at how that happened

For Me, when it comes to boxing I am just a Fan Of Boxing First...I don't get into Countrymen/Countrywomen Pride and Race Pride and all that other BS because I don't get anything out of that personally but what? Bragging Rights on a damn Boxing Forum to people I don't know?...A Great Fighter Is A Great Fighter, Regardless of which country he is from

But when fans turn things and make it all about "PRIDE" that to me kinda push some fans away from being a fan unfortunately, for example I respect Vitali and Wlad never had a problem with them but then you see a fan post stuff like "VITALI/WLAD JUST BEAT ANOTHER AMERICAN (some even make it about RACE) THEY ARE ALL OVERRATED" that is going to trigger a negative reaction naturally but then those same people wonder why those fighters don't get talked about at all and don't get much respect...well you running around say stuff like that don't help

Same with Lennox, some of his UK fans because of PRIDE will say stuff like "HE WAS BETTER THIS ALI" "HE WOULD HAVE BEATEN ALI"...of course stuff like that is going to make American Fans And Hardcore Boxing Fans turn on Lennox
              Last edited by sicko; 12-24-2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Anyone can develop mental illness. Highly successful, exceptional or smart people are just as often if not more prone to it. Nothing wrong with having a laugh at his crying in the ring, it is funny because it was such an exceptional event in boxing. But IMHO, belittling Oliver McCall for him suffering a mental illness just displays our ignorance on the subject and makes it harder for sufferers to recover. Mental illness is not mutually exclusive to success and ability, far from it.
                Last edited by DreamFighter; 12-24-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  No doubt Lennox Lewis is an All Time Great, I don't think even his Haters are Denying that...HOW HIGH? Now that is the debate! I think he is in the Top 10 for sure, how high is debatable

yes it was Lennox (NOT THE KLITCHSKO BROTHERS) who pretty much ripped Heavyweight Boxing away from America...HBO was lining up guys desperate to see an American take the title away from Lennox even got so desperate that they robbed him against Holyfield which I remember being so pissed off at how that happened

For Me, when it comes to boxing I am just a Fan Of Boxing First...I don't get into Countrymen/Countrywomen Pride and Race Pride and all that other BS because I don't get anything out of that personally but what? Bragging Rights on a damn Boxing Forum to people I don't know?...A Great Fighter Is A Great Fighter, Regardless of which country he is from

But when fans turn things and make it all about "PRIDE" that to me kinda push some fans away from being a fan unfortunately, for example I respect Vitali and Wlad never had a problem with them but then you see a fan post stuff like "VITALI/WLAD JUST BEAT ANOTHER AMERICAN (some even make it about RACE) THEY ARE ALL OVERRATED" that is going to trigger a negative reaction naturally but then those same people wonder why those fighters don't get talked about at all and don't get much respect...well you running around say stuff like that don't help

Same with Lennox, some of his UK fans because of PRIDE will say stuff like "HE WAS BETTER THIS ALI" "HE WOULD HAVE BEATEN ALI"...of course stuff like that is going to make American Fans And Hardcore Boxing Fans turn on Lennox
                  Good post Bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    Anyone can develop mental illness. Highly successful, exceptional or smart people are just as often if not more prone to it. Nothing wrong with having a laugh at his crying in the ring, it is funny because it was such an exceptional event in boxing. But IMHO, belittling Oliver McCall for him suffering a mental illness just displays our ignorance on the subject and makes it harder for sufferers to recover. Mental illness is not mutually exclusive to success and ability, far from it.
                    Mccall was a iron chin warrior who was one of two men to knock Lewis down. Amazing achivement in itself. I have the most respect for Mccall and view him as a very good champion when his head was on right.

I agree with your post and view the mental illness as something very serious.

Which actually led to the first fight. With his history of mental illness, Mccall was very unstable in the ring. There have been multiple examples of Mccall dominating via a series of combinations and than suddenly stops and go back to the center of the ring.. Holmes-Mccall. Mccall had Holmes against the ropes and was hammering him, and than just stops and walks to the middle of the ring and beckons Holmes to 'come on'.

The whole point of this is that.. we don't know what Mccall would have done if the ref allowed Lewis to continue in that first fight. Mccall could have ended Lennox or he could have fought passive for an entire round allowing Lewis to recover.

It is what it is though. I give Mccall immense credit for beating Lewis .. just not as MUCH credit as Rahman.

Mccall with his granite god chin would also have walked early 2000's Wlad down and brutally ended his health.

Comment

• I don't see how Lennox can be underrated when most people have him in the top10.

That is realistically his place. The issue with Lennox is he never had career defining fight, he didn't even fight other ATG in his prime. The closest to that was Vitali and that fight didn't really show much..
                      Well past Holyfiled gave him very tough two fights (second fight could have been a draw)
                      I believe Mercer was closer to win in their fight but it wasn't unfair decision (very close).
                      He was KOed twice and it was two cold KOs (the second one was when he was pretty much in his prime).
                      He fought 44 times (not that many) - he could have been tested more.

now on the positive side - he was a great boxer, very strong, he beat everyone who he fought (regardless many of them were out of prime), very intelligent fighter.

He is in top10, but comparing him with Ali is just ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X