No announcement yet.

Dont expect a "canelo alvarez/mayweather fight" to fix floyds legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    He beat Cotto pretty convincingly at the weight class, not alot of ppl can beat him so I think thats pretty significant.
    A past prime, 30%, at his worst weight cotto made floyds nose bleed.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
      Mosley was inactive for 16-18 months as well, he was scheduled to fight berto.

He was getting outbox by mayorga before he beat an unfocused tailor made Margarito.
      damn nobody gets credit here lets throw out the fact they are professional boxers who are or were ranked at the time....

Comment

A past prime, 30%, at his worst weight cotto made floyds nose bleed.
        if a 12 year old hit you in the nose hard enough i think it would bleed too, how much more a professional boxer who trains to punch for a living.... just a thought....

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
          damn nobody gets credit here lets throw out the fact they are professional boxers who are or were ranked at the time....
          ali holmes, Camacho - srl, garcia-morales.

Boxing rating isnt corrupt? no?

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
            if a 12 year old hit you in the nose hard enough i think it would bleed too, how much more a professional boxer who trains to punch for a living.... just a thought....
            a great defensive wizard isnt supposed to get exposed like that., specially against a past prime 30%, been in too many wars, at his worst weight cotto.

Comment

nope.

The TS is actually asking Floyd to FINALLY step up after all the pass We have given him since 135.

I'll give floyd his props IFhe fights Martinez at 160.
              Come on man, you're asking him to fight a guy on the night of the fight who will be weighing 170+lbs. Floyd, I doubt will even be 154lbs on the night on the fight.Floyd has beaten ever champion at their weight. How about asking Martinez to step up in weight, fight Ward or any fighter in the division.Do you think Floyd is that good or you want him to lose that bad?
              Last edited by HAVISJ; 12-20-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
                Come on man, you're asking him to fight a guy on the night of the fight who will be weighing 170+lbs. Floyd, I doubt will even be 154lbs on the night on the fight.Floyd has beaten ever champion at their weight. How about asking Martinez to step up and weight Ward or any fighter in the division Do you think Floyd is that good or you want him to lose that bad?
                "skills win fights" - thats from floyd himself.

Nobody is considering Martinez an ATG, i wish he would fight ward at 168 after fighting floyd at 160.

I expect great things/challenges from so called great fighters.

Comment

Tell me, why does a guy who is undefeated and has held titles in 5 weight classes need to "fix" his legacy? He's the best fighter you'll see in your lifetime.

Comment

a great defensive wizard isnt supposed to get exposed like that., specially against a past prime 30%, been in too many wars, at his worst weight cotto.
                    u have to be kidding me... bleeding in professional boxing match is being exposed????, this logic actually shows us how highly you think of floyd... ive never held a boxer in this high of a regard damn yo!

cottos move to 154 was a political move that made sense, he knew he wouldnt win a belt at 147... hes not a natural 154 but neither is floyd, cotto also does well against boxers thats proven! and outweighed floyed in the ring... on top of all this he now has a good trainer who actually gave him a gameplan! it was a good fight and both are good fighters.

most boxers with good jabs land some good punches on floyd...

Comment

• Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                      Tell me, why does a guy who is undefeated and has held titles in 5 weight classes need to "fix" his legacy? He's the best fighter you'll see in your lifetime.
                      nope. he isnt the best i saw in my lifetime, even in his era.

I've seen duran, hagler, SRL, Arguello, Finito, sanchez, whitaker, etc.

His inactivity, cherry picks, retirements, ducks are the obvious reason why his legacy is almost legally dead.

Comment

Working...
                      X