No announcement yet.

Joe Gasn vs Floyd Mayweather Jr at 135- In two fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I made the exact same point about Floyds hands. I even said that Gans' bones was also brittle. So you giving wmute love and me hate just shows your true agenda.

You are a ****poster. This is your 4 or 5 account. You'll probably be banned yet again in less than a month.
    Bat, your signature suggesting that comparing one businessman to the other is ludicrous might indicate bias and hence diminish in the eye of the reader the value of posts including either of the two businessmen as topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Counter right View Post
      Yeah, keep ducking my posts now and just try and score cheap points like a 6 year old.

Although yeah I should have just written "each wins under their respective rules" as a third option, but the poll is automatically 4 options and i was quickly making the thread etc

but whatever, it's not a big deal, just vote for one of them
      I DID vote and I DIDN'T duck your post. I in fact answered your question by more than just 'so and so wins because he is better than the other guy'.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
        Bat, your signature suggesting that comparing one businessman to the other is ludicrous might indicate bias and hence diminish in the eye of the reader the value of posts including either of the two businessmen as topic.
        Well I just found a comparison between Marquez and Duran to be sigworthy material in all it's nuthugging glory.

Comment

Well I just found a comparison between Marquez and Duran to be sigworthy material in all it's nuthugging glory.
          Comparing 2009 JMM and 1980 Duran is ludicrous (comparing their prime versions is not ludicrous, but still wrong IMO), it goes in fact beyond nuthugging, I am a bit shocked that even Horus went as far as that. But comparing Mayweather to Leonard seems fine (I do it all the time, but not for the good things they did, more the bad ones). The last line of your sig can make ppl think that you will be negatively biased whenever it comes to Mayweather, and positively when it comes to Leonard. I am thinking that this is why your post on Mayweather brittle hands went unnoticed.

Comment

no comment

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
              Comparing 2009 JMM and 1980 Duran is ludicrous (comparing their prime versions is not ludicrous, but still wrong IMO), it goes in fact beyond nuthugging, I am a bit shocked that even Horus went as far as that. But comparing Mayweather to Leonard seems fine (I do it all the time, but not for the good things they did, more the bad ones). The last line of your sig can make ppl think that you will be negatively biased whenever it comes to Mayweather, and positively when it comes to Leonard. I am thinking that this is why your post on Mayweather brittle hands went unnoticed.
              A comparison between Leonard and Mayweather is an excellent topic. The thing that really separates them are BALLS.

Comparing what Marquez is to Floyd to what Duran was to Leonard is like comparing a new Ferrarri with an old Volkswagen on flat tires.

Comment

A comparison between Leonard and Mayweather is an excellent topic. The thing that really separates them are BALLS.

Comparing what Marquez is to Floyd to what Duran was to Leonard is like comparing a new Ferrarri with an old Volkswagen on flat tires.
                see? I disagree completely on the balls argument, and I don't think it is interesting to debate. I think you need to look at Leonard with pink goggles to find any amount of balls that you cannot find on Mayweather.

For the record I think they both have balls, but they both like their money more than anything, and rightfully so, if I may add. I think their only difference is the image with which they sell.

I can spend a long time putting down Leonard, because he piled up a considerable number of evidence which makes that easy. But, just like with Mayweather or any other great fighter, I would rather talk about the fighting, not the politics, negotiations, ducking and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                  Too extreme. It's not 6.25 miles compared to 26. It's 6.25 compared to 11. So best vs 100th best = loss would be a stretch.
                  I think you'd be surprised. As you should know with your training, any little deviation from what you have done a thousand times can really mess things up. At the highest level that is compounded ten fold because the margin for error is so much smaller. It's why Pac refuses to give blood so close to a fight. The tiniest thing for the very, very best makes all the difference. Well, that is supposedly why Pac refuses to give blood but that is altogether a different topic.

What is not different is that at the very elite levels of any sport, each athlete has spent so many hours doing the same thing every day that it all becomes second nature. They don't have to think any more. They just do. When Mayweather sees a left hook coming at his body, he instinctively reacts by dropping and tucking his right elbow and then shooting a right uppercut, or straight right counter. It has developed over his whole life and can't be changed. It is the same with what Gans does.

Mayweather would really struggle to go more than fifteen rounds and he would struggle with that even in a real fight. That number one guy that was used to 10K would be done by the 15th in a real race. His legs just wouldn't have the same understanding after those ten. His whole body would be in a different zone that what it has been used to for his whole career.

Both guys win under their own rules.

Comment

i vote for Gans... I don't like floyd

Comment

Options 3 and 4 mean exactly the same. Take away the 2nd one (Option 4) and replace it with "Gans wins under Floyd's rules and Floyd wins under Gans' rules".

Comment

Working...
                      X