No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather-Marquez: Marquez looked sharp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
    so 2lbs was the difference in Mayweather's defense being more effective than Marquez's offense??

so you would give Pac credit for beating Marquez @140lbs but not Mayweather @ 142lbs?
    Mayweather didnt weight 142 pounds marquez did. Floy weight 146 and probably 156 fight night!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
      so 2lbs was the difference in Mayweather's defense?

so you would give Pac credit for beating Marquez @140lbs but not Mayweather @ 142lbs?
      Was Marquez at his best? Any of the top 5 Welters KO him.

Cotto

Clottey.

Pacman.

Williams

Mosely

Margarito

Berto

He might not even beat collazo looking at how he couldn't handle diaz's size and pressure who was just slightly bigger.

That being said, at 135 Marquez has a future.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        why thank you. i try to bash with humor in honor of the original boxing comedian joe calzaghe himself.

Just endlessly inventive.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
          Mayweather's ability to dodge punches made him look slow at times. But any other fighter his own size not named Mayweather would have been in big trouble.

His counters where very fast. Floyd at times seem like he was gonna begin throwing combos. But Marquez's counter punching ability made one punch at a time a safer option. Pac through combination's which gave Marquez plenty of opportunities to counter.

Marquez is not done. He is capable of beating any fighter at 135 to 140.

Funenka vs. Marquez

Soto or Valero vs Marquez

Urango vs. Marquez

I would favor Marquez in all these fights.

Bradley, Alexander, and Madiana would be difficult.
          OMG, finally someone with some brains. I keep telling people the same thing. Floyd wanted to throw more but after JMM felt Floyd's speed, he went into a catuious counter puncher mode. He knew the only way to hit Floyd was from the counters so Floyd couldve been aggressive but JMM was waiting like a Cobra. You could just see the way he was standing that Floyd knew that he couldnt just run in there without being hit back. All Floyd could do was throw 1 shot or JMM wouldve been able to land some good blows on him

Comment

Marquez can be competive with anyone from 135 to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              Most of the people on this site are blind to anything positive about Mayweather. Even in stories that have nothing or very little to do with Mayweather, they still manage to find a way to take cheap shots at him.
              repost...........

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
                people just ignore the fact that this was the same jmm..floyd is just that damn good..he didnt beat him with size he beat him with raw skill..floyd didnt bully him..hell jmm was the agressor...the hate floyd gets is sick..the man is the truth....were ya'll blind to this mans defense and counters in that fight??
                LOL. Floyd didn't beat Marquez using size? Perhaps you missed the 200 jabs landed, using his superior size and reach to effectively control the range, preventing Marquez from getting inside. That was a quintessential "bigger man" fight, practically the Mayweather version of Vlad Klitchsko.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  if you can find something funnier than this than i will put it up. gonna be a very difficult challenge.

why thank you. i try to bash with humor in honor of the original boxing comedian joe calzaghe himself.
                  you thank him but not me? gimme green k for that atleast because my feelings are hurt

Comment

you guys are so wrong. I bet anything that JMM wouldve gave Pac hell that night again. Floyd just made him look that bad. Its the worst matchup in boxing for him and Floyd wasnt going to give him any chances to look good. Now if Floyd wouldve threw more than 1 punch then you guys wouldve seen JMM do some good things to change your mind. Trust me, if you watch it you can see that he's just waiting there like a cobra and thats why Floyd never came back with nothing. Pac wouldve ran up there all day and JMM wouldve tatooed his ass

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      you guys are so wrong. I bet anything that JMM wouldve gave Pac hell that night again. Floyd just made him look that bad. Its the worst matchup in boxing for him and Floyd wasnt going to give him any chances to look good. Now if Floyd wouldve threw more than 1 punch then you guys wouldve seen JMM do some good things to change your mind. Trust me, if you watch it you can see that he's just waiting there like a cobra and thats why Floyd never came back with nothing. Pac wouldve ran up there all day and JMM wouldve tatooed his ass
                      Manny at 140+ stops Marquez in under 8.

Comment

Working...
                      X