No announcement yet.

Wlad has sold out a football arena for the 2nd consecutive time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pirao View Post
    Nope, it's your opinion. As I said, according to your logic Chambers has helped sell this fight too In fact every fight is sold by the two fighters according to you, because it's impossible to have a fight if there are not two people.

It's only irrelevant in your delusional mind.
    It is irrelevant to the point that 60k tickets were sold with Haye and Wlad.

The most amount of tickets sold in Germany since 1939 or whatever.

Ofcourse Chambers is helping sell the tickets. He just beat up that big ass guy that had hype.

If you feel he isn't helping sell tickets then so be it. Your opinion is clearly flawed

Comment

• Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
      I think when 50K seats are sold against an unknown (in Germany,) you've got an impossible sell on your hands that the 60K were mostly due to Haye, especially when people had ample time to get a refund.
      When did I say most were sold by Haye?

I said Haye obviously had involvement and you can't just say it was all Wlad. People are discrediting Haye.

Yes they had a chance to get a refund, I understand that. My point is, does that mean Haye didn;t help sell the fight? PS. Red K me bvefore you even post? I gave it back anyway.

Chambers beat Dimenko in Germany, outclassed him pretty badly. He may be a little unknown, but I am sure the public would have seen that fight from the promotion.

Comment

• Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
        When did I say most were sold by Haye?

I said Haye obviously had involvement and you can't just say it was all Wlad. People are discrediting Haye.

Yes they had a chance to get a refund, I understand that. My point is, does that mean Haye didn;t help sell the fight? PS. Red K me bvefore you even post? I gave it back anyway.

Chambers beat Dimenko in Germany, outclassed him pretty badly. He may be a little unknown, but I am sure the public would have seen that fight from the promotion.
        Chagaev was better known in Germany than Haye.

Not really sure who Dimenko is.

Comment

I forgot his name. Hold on. Alexander Dimitrenko.

6 foot 7 or something Ukrainiane. Hyped up as a the next Klit by some.

250 lbs.

Chagaev probably is, but Haye created the hype that got people to look at that fight.

Are you saying that Haye getting Vitali angry, Wlad and the tee shirts and them getting mad didn;t help?

For me, it did help.

Comment

• Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
            It is irrelevant to the point that 60k tickets were sold with Haye and Wlad.

The most amount of tickets sold in Germany since 1939 or whatever.

Ofcourse Chambers is helping sell the tickets. He just beat up that big ass guy that had hype.

If you feel he isn't helping sell tickets then so be it. Your opinion is clearly flawed
            It's your opinion that is flawed. You say that Haye helped sell the fight, that Wlad wouldn't have sold 60k if he didn't fight Haye, that is false, if the fight had been Wlad-Chagaev from the start it would still have sold 60k, as selling 50k against a guy who is not very well known in Germany proves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirao View Post
              It's your opinion that is flawed. You say that Haye helped sell the fight, that Wlad wouldn't have sold 60k if he didn't fight Haye, that is false, if the fight had been Wlad-Chagaev from the start it would still have sold 60k, as selling 50k against a guy who is not very well known in Germany proves.
              When did I say 60k wouldn't have been sold without Haye?

Haye helped sell the fight.

That can not be taken away.

Sorry but the way Chambers beat dimnetenko has made him known.

That's like someone from the east coming over and handing out a beating against a fighter like arreola.

Anyway Chambers beat a dimentenko. Not sure how many seats were sold but the stadium normally holds 16k.

At 6 foot 7 or whatever, he was billed as the new Ukrrainian generation.

He isn not that unknown.

As for Haye not helping sell those seats, he got vitali and wlad both pissed. Wlad was calling him a boy and thathe will punish him and give him a pizza face.

Vitali and haye had a tussle in a restaurant.

This board had a lot of hype over it, and I am sure the german fans too.
              Last edited by PensionKiller; 03-11-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

If you havent seen the chambers dimntrenko fight, it's on youtube.

Comment

• 1) In the Wlad vs. Haye fight, about 54,000 tickets (of 61,000) were sold when Haye claimed injury. There was an option to return the tickets. I don't have numbers, how many were returned, I got the info of "very few". After the name Chagaev turned up, the remeining tickets were sold within a few days. At least these 7,000 were not sold with the help of the name Haye.

2) The name Chambers is not too well known in Germany. The occasional boxing fan does not know him. Nonetheless, a 50,000 arena was sold out.

3) The same goes for the name Sosnowski. Nonetheless, Vitali tries to sell out an arena of 61,000 for the fight (O2 arena of Schalke again). We'll see whether he succeeds.

4) The admission prices range from 22 EUR to above 300 EUR for the Chambers fight, but you can't see much from the 22 EUR seats.

5) Sport events in Germany generally became bigger and bigger within the last couple of years. The soccer arenas are filled with an average of 37,781 guests per game, for 306 matches each year. Dortmund sold 77,235 tickets for each match in the 2004/2005 season. Over 11 million tickets are sold each year in a country with 82 million inhabitants.

Source: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu%C3%9...28seit_2000.29

The arenas range up to 81,000 seats, but the average one of the 36 clubs of 1st and 2nd Bundesliga have less than 50,000 seats.

But there are many other very big events:

Formula 1 draws about 80,000 to the German races (Nürburgring, Hockenheimring). The Nürburgring offers a 24-hour-race each year, which drew a record of 220,000 visitors in 2004.

Comment

Working...
                  X