Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 09-17-2017, 06:57 PM #11
New Age Mexican Style

Quoted: 772 Post(s)
The Comic DON has a reputation beyond reputeThe Comic DON has a reputation beyond reputeThe Comic DON has a reputation beyond reputeThe Comic DON has a reputation beyond reputeThe Comic DON has a reputation beyond reputeThe Comic DON has a reputation beyond reputeThe Comic DON has a reputation beyond reputeThe Comic DON has a reputation beyond reputeThe Comic DON has a reputation beyond reputeThe Comic DON has a reputation beyond reputeThe Comic DON has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34,820.48
Total Points: 74,216.84
Trump wins - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
In the early rounds I didn't expect Canelo to be that sharp and I doubt Canelo himself expected that, he seemed to have admired his work a little too much and was probably foolish enough to think the fight was gonna continue to head that direction. Canelo's objective should have been to bring Golovkin down to his level in terms of conditioning, Golovkin was tentative, maybe the moment got to him in the early rounds, maybe Canelo's sharpness, whatever the case may be Golovkin was there for the taking, he needed to do some quality work to the body. That lack of urgency created enough room for Golovkin to pick up the pace a bit whilst Canelo slowed a tad bit and it was decided.

Also, a lot of that early posing and wanting to show the crowd that he can more than hang with Golovkin as oppose to an urgent body attack, well that tells me Canelo bought into a lot of Golovkin's mysticism going in. For as much as he pretended he didn't, he did.
I feel Canelo messed up by showing his cards too early, he's one dimensional but he shouldn't let Golovkin know so soon. After the 3rd Golovkin to see the Red-Haired Mexican had no more ideas and couldn't really fight off the back foot.

I thought Canelo would be a better boxer and that's why I thought he'll win but he just doesn't have the ring IQ.

Golovkin in the next fight will know that Canelo is very limited off the ropes and can only move and turn in one direction along them.

He should study the tape of the fight and decipher where Canelo places his head when turning and load up a right hand and run Canelo into it. Either die on the shield or be robbed again.

If the rematch happens it'll be Martinez vs Williams 2, Golovkin beats Canelo to sleep, it's the only way he can win.
The Comic DON is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-17-2017, 07:00 PM #12
BoxingScene Icon

Quoted: 3277 Post(s)
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 200,701,493,038,997,733,376.00
Total Points: 200,702,522,259,114,196,992.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beercules View Post
I haven't watched again either. I think 7-5 is a fair score to Golovkin.

Everyone I was with thought Golovkin won and 3 of these guys were rooting for Canelo.

118-110. God damn
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Byrd has been having questionable cards for a while, she needs to be let go like CJ Ross was.

That ruined the fight.

Hopefully we get a rematch and a more conclusive winner.

Last edited by IronDanHamza; 09-17-2017 at 07:21 PM.
IronDanHamza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:05 PM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3211 Post(s)
Hype Job has a reputation beyond reputeHype Job has a reputation beyond reputeHype Job has a reputation beyond reputeHype Job has a reputation beyond reputeHype Job has a reputation beyond reputeHype Job has a reputation beyond reputeHype Job has a reputation beyond reputeHype Job has a reputation beyond reputeHype Job has a reputation beyond reputeHype Job has a reputation beyond reputeHype Job has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,007,492,616,806,163.00
Cheers buddy - Beercules enjoy a burger - jas No Message - Y0@NN You quickly became my favorite poster :C - PorterIsFuture Dat White Privilege - Fists_of_Fury 
He's the real Superman. Not that duck Aduckis. - dirty fingers thanks - Krusher P4P #1 Debating - siablo14 One of the Top Sceners! - JabRight Some cheesy beef for sustinance for a Top Scener. - JabRight 
Trump wins - Freedom. Cheers! - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Byrd has been having questionable cards for a while, she needs to be let go with CJ Ross was.

That ruined the fight.

Hopefully we get a rematch and a more conclusive winner.
Did you enjoy the fight?

It reminded me a bit of Cotto Margarito 1.

It was hilarious how discouraged Canelo was after throwing everything but the kitchen sink at GGG and GGG not being fazed one bit, you could see in his face he was thinking "wtf is this guy made of". Crazy chin.
Hype Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:20 PM #14
BoxingScene Icon

Quoted: 3277 Post(s)
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 200,701,493,038,997,733,376.00
Total Points: 200,702,522,259,114,196,992.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype Job View Post
Did you enjoy the fight?

It reminded me a bit of Cotto Margarito 1.

It was hilarious how discouraged Canelo was after throwing everything but the kitchen sink at GGG and GGG not being fazed one bit, you could see in his face he was thinking "wtf is this guy made of". Crazy chin.
Hell yeah I enjoyed it. Of course.

Golovkin's chin is ridiculous.

Canelo loads up way too much, he was loading up from the start and you could see he was fading quickly. His defense is goos but when he gets tired it's not as sharp, suprised GGG didn't make him pay for that more than he did, I expected him to do some serious damage when he retreated to the ropes.

Rematch needed. Two quality fighters. Even though I was ok with the draw I always hate when a fight doesn't have a winner.
IronDanHamza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:53 PM #15
Contender

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
spenz is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,668.13

The big thing that failed Canelo is his inadequate stamina. He started really faster than usual and he used his foot work more than usual, which probably contributed to him gassing early. As his stamina lowered, GGG has eventually caught up with him.

Barring off nights, these two is going to fight 50-50 in nine out of ten fights, they are really on the same level. If canelo didn't started that fast early it could have lead to Golovkin gaining massive confidence and work him early too and who knows what will happen after that.

The adjustment of the two would be, both of them could use more body punches in the rematch. Specially GGG who seemed to forgot about it in that fight.
spenz is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
canelo, wrong

User Tag List