No announcement yet.

Manga Readers/Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
    reading kingdom manga made me admire the ancient china civilazation. of course the manga is historical fantasy and very exagerated but after some research i do believe they are the most advanced from of all ancient civilization, mostly in warfare and literature.

the king qin's pyramid (sei's tomb) are 4 times bigger than the biggest pyramid in egypt
    Me too. I didn't realize how tactical and strong their martial warfare was. It was pretty amazing. It makes me really wonder how bad of a time Japan would have had, had Toyotomi been successful in his Korea campaign. After Korea, he had sights set on China. Of course it was the Ming dynasty at the time, I believe. But I believe tactically, China would have won any potential war.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
      Me too. I didn't realize how tactical and strong their martial warfare was. It was pretty amazing. It makes me really wonder how bad of a time Japan would have had, had Toyotomi been successful in his Korea campaign. After Korea, he had sights set on China. Of course it was the Ming dynasty at the time, I believe. But I believe tactically, China would have won any potential war.
      japan will definetely loss in the long run since china is do big. but china are pretty weak at the time tho. the west were flooding china with opium and their tactic has been succesful

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
        japan will definetely loss in the long run since china is do big. but china are pretty weak at the time tho. the west were flooding china with opium and their tactic has been succesful
        Oh that's right. I forgot about the influence and opium epidemic that was brought about.

Comment

• I finally got around to reading Dragon Ball, and it really does live up to it's classic rep. I loved it! Son Goku was hilarious when he was a kid. I enjoyed the early days of the manga more than the latter half up to the end. The fights were all great, but the early chapters had a better feel to it IMO. Toriyama put more effort into story telling back then, and then I am sure per editor demand, went full on battle manga with no real story in between. It's funny how there is always a stronger being out in the universe, culminating with Buu being the absolute strongest. Overall, it was a great manga and I can see how it has influenced lots of manga that came out after that. I loved the echi stuff too, that always makes for some hilarity!

Comment

• I am currently reading History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi right now. It's pretty funny so far but I hope the art gets sharper as the story progresses. It's drawn kind of old school. lol

Comment

• Just finished up all 583 chapters of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. That was a really good fighting manga! The storyline flowed pretty well and there were never really any slow spots. Which is good when reading these types of manga. The main character, Kenichi is a likeable character. He has no latent talent, so he is picked up by the masters at Ryozenpaku and given a training menu from hell, but it all serves to benefit Kenichi (obviously) and he gets into some pretty major scraps over the course of the manga. All the female characters were pretty hot too, and of course the echi element is great!

Those of you that like the pretty mainstream battle mangas should like this one too. Give it a shot. The artwork pics up very nicely by around chapter 30 if I remember correctly, and the rest of it is a blast to read.

Now on to the next manga!!!!!!

Comment

• I came across mangaka Kaneshiro Muneyuki's work over the weekend, and I really like his work with illustrator Fujimura Akeji. Their most popular work is the Kamisama no Iutoori series (As the Gods Will), which I am just starting on. But I did read through their two newer mangas, 0 -zero- and Grashros. Both are immediately excellent and I really can't wait for the stories to continue. There are only 4 chapters of each, but they were both extremely well done.

0-zero-

Humanity had to flee Earth and venture into space to save itself. When five children awaken on their ship, they find they are all that remain....

This story has a great philosophical angle of reality. Only 4 chapters but was very engrossing.

Grashros

A story set 30,000 years ago, in the time of the Cro-Magnon. This one is also only 4 chapters in, but it is such a great intro and story. The setting is fascinating and I just want more!

I plan on reading all of their work next, starting with the Kamisama no Iutoori series first. Then Billion Dogs and Jagaaaaaan. Boku-tachi ga Yarima****a also sounds really good, and is a slice of life manga.
                Last edited by North Star; 12-19-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Finished up the 21 chapters of Kamisama no Iutoori, which ended abruptly. But it turns out it ended because the mangaka switched magazines. The first story was in a monthly magazine, and the new story Kamisama no Iutoori II is in a weekly magazine. It's a whole new story that takes place at the same time as the first story.

I really enjoyed the first story, Kamisama no Iutoori. It was pretty entertaining, funny, and ****ed up all at the same time. One of the funniest things about the first story is Ikuko, which I guess translates to a girl about to cum. She is an announcer for the games at the end, so everything she says is twinged with Ahhh! and the like. Funny **** guys.

Now I am starting the sequel, which looks to run the full course and is about 182 chapters long. The first ride was fun, now looking forward to this next one!

Comment

• Happy New Year manga fans!

Just a quick update, Kamisama no Iutoori II is really damn good. Better than the first for sure. The quality elevated when the manga jumped from the monthly magazine to the weekly magazine. Also, there is a connection to the 0 -zero- manga, so I would recommend either reading it before you read both, or after Kamisama no Iutoori, and before you read Kamisama no Iutoori II. Some really great reads here guys!

Comment

• Stopped reading manga now I read light novels and sci-fi mostly to take my mind off the mundane

Comment

Working...
                      X