Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was Your FINAL Decision On Who Really Won Stevenson vs Jack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one of those fights where in rounds.... you probably give it to Stevenson.... but Jack clearly showed he was better when he actually took the initiative.
    But yeah, you can't throw away the first half of the fight and win... you just can't.

Comment

Honeslty haven't re-watched yet but I had it a draw. I did give one very close round to Jack that probably could easily go to Stevenson on second viewing but I thought the majority of that fight was very easy to score.

Comment

The only rounds you absolutely had to give to Stevenson were 2, 3 and 5. Jack's absolute certain rounds were 7, 8, 9 and 12. I liked Jack for rounds 4, 10 and 11 also.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          The only rounds you absolutely had to give to Stevenson were 2, 3 and 5. Jack's absolute certain rounds were 7, 8, 9 and 12. I liked Jack for rounds 4, 10 and 11 also.
          No way you can give someone a round where they were visibly retreating on the verge of going down. He could have won 2 minutes prior to that but when that happens, the round probably goes to the other guy 99% of the time. Round 10 IMO goes to Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            No way you can give someone a round where they were visibly retreating on the verge of going down. He could have won 2 minutes prior to that but when that happens, the round probably goes to the other guy 99% of the time. Round 10 IMO goes to Stevenson.
            It's certainly a debatable round. I watched the fight as it happened and looked at no replays but I was on the fence with round 6 also.

Comment

Round 10 is t he debateable round. If you give it to Jack it's a draw if you give it to Stevenson he won. I take CLEAN EFFECTIVE PUNCHING as the most important criteria in a round and Stevenson landed far and away the most clean, most EFFECTIVE, punch of that round.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                The official cards were right on, either give it to Jack or call it a draw. It would have been a stretch for me to give it to Stevenson.
                I don't think it would've been unfair to give Stevenson 7 rounds.

1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 11

Comment

I didn't vote because there was no draw option. Some fights really are draws. I think this was a real draw. I thought Stevenson clearly won rounds 1 2 3 5 6 and 11 by throwing and landing many more punches in 1 2 3 5 and 6 and hurting Jack with body punches in round 11. I thought Jack clearly won rounds 4 7 8 9 10 and 12 by throwing and landing more and better punches. Round 4 was a fairly close round but Jack edged it out. My scorecard was 114 to 114 and it would be the same if I watched and scored it a dozen more times.

Comment

It's a problem with the 10 point must system of scoring when Stevenson's round 1 is worth the same as Jack's round 12. I get that it is, but it's a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                      It was a tough fight to score imo. Overall, jack did the better work, landed the much vleanercpunches and buzzed Stevenson a few times, as was stated by the showtime guys though, a 10-9 is a 10-9, no matter how much more you win the rd NY, without a knockdown.
                      That is not completely true. A boxer can and often has been awarded a 10-8 round if he batters his opponent and dominates the round enough even without scoring a knockdown. Jack had some big rounds but none that qualified as 10-8 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X