Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez Situation Holding Up Stevenson-Jack Promotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez Situation Holding Up Stevenson-Jack Promotion

Eleider Alvarez has taken a stand. According to Stephane Lepine, Alvarez's manager, the planned Adonis Stevenson-Badou Jack fight will take place May 19 only if Alvarez, the mandatory challenger for Stevenson's WBC light heavyweight title, is properly compensated to step aside and allow it. Lepine told rds.ca, a Canadian sports website, that negotiations are ongoing and that he hopes that an agreement is reached as soon as possible.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Ahahahahha f**** Alvarez, ducking Gvozdyk. Gvozdyk is the interim champion now so he is the Mando for the belt. Alvarez can go die right now and boxing won't be mourning.
      First of all alvarez is legaly right. He was right with not fighting Gvozdyk he was forced to step aside wbc know it. Why do you think its alvarez #1 and not gvozdyk? Every one involved are all at alvarez mercy wbc,jack,stevenson, gvozdyk. That why they try to negociate with alvarez. Imo alvarez clearly outbid so he dont get step aside again.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        F.uck I tried checking today if tickets were available and couldn’t find anything

Alvarez needs to f.uck off and stop holding up this fight he’s causing my plane ticket to be more expensive with him holding out.

Since you have no name value , Take another step aside fight on the undercard and wait your turn because no cares if/when you get your shot or if you deserve it. If not I hope GYm / Haymon just freeze him out
        Stevenson will fight 19 april only opponent can change. And imo albarez will be way more competitive just look what he did to bute not to mention jack chin

Comment

Alvarez needz to **** off !

I thought he wasnt the mando anymore since he ducked Gvozdyk. Fkn prick

Comment

Originally posted by iNixus View Post
            Stevenson will fight 19 april only opponent can change. And imo albarez will be way more competitive just look what he did to bute not to mention jack chin
            F.uck that

I want to see Adonis / Jack

Adonis is probably the #1 @175 with Wards retirement and Jack was the #1 at 168

Alvarez beating Bute doesn’t make me want to hop a flight and pay to watch that

He’s been waiting taking step asides for years might as well keep doing it he has no buzz and no one really cares about that fight

Showtime didn’t pay for Alvarez because no one cares about him they paid for Stevenson / Jack

Comment

Adonis is one of the saddest champions of all time.

Comment

"The Colombian-born, Quebec-based Alvarez has been Stevenson’s mandatory challenger since defeating South Africa’s Isaac Chilemba in November 2015, yet he has fought four times since then.

Alvarez reportedly has been paid step-aside fees for allowing Stevenson to make optional defenses of his title since Alvarez became his mandatory challenger."

No sympathy for Alvarez, unless GYM is doing him dirty, in which case he should MAN UP like Beterbiev!

January 11, 2018:

The WBC recently ruled that Stevenson (29-1, 24 KOs), who is also with Michel and Haymon, could bypass Alvarez yet again and defend against former world titlist Badou Jack (21-1-3, 13 KOs), with Alvarez ordered to fight Gvozdyk for the interim title. The winners of the two bouts would then have to fight each other. But by pulling out of the fight with Gvozdyk, Alvarez probably will be dropped from his position, making his decision surprising.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ksandr-gvozdyk

Comment

They need to make Jack vs Stevenson next. Alvarez can wait.

Comment

Fk the belts. Just go on with the fight. Only newb casuals actually care about belts at this point.

Comment

Beterbiev sparks both of these POS so it doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X