Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futbol easy..........

Comment

Originally posted by Sake1 View Post
      Don't act like there's a shitload of touchtowns per game. There was an average of 5 touchdowns per game last year. There's an average of about 3 goals per game in "soccer".

Fuck sources. Google it. Ha.
      There are enough touchdowns. There's simply not enough scoring in soccer for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Smooth View Post

:lmao2: soccer

J....

The refs called that hit a penalty, even though it was legal, clean, and beautiful. Must be soccer's commie influences taking hold on 'em....

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
          There are enough touchdowns. There's simply not enough scoring in soccer for my taste.
          scoring doesnt equal action though. Otherwise cricket would be far more exciting than all these sports. Which it clearly isnt. The excitement in soccer comes throughout the game, and the action is constant. There are good games and bad games but generally it is very exciting. Same with all sports if you dont know what is going on then it wont be that great.

Comment

And also i agree that diving makes football very difficult to watch. I'd advocate retrospective 5 match bans for any player caught diving. See how many try it then...

I wouldnt take it as an indication of softness though, the majority of the time they dive to win penalties or get other players sent of/booked not because it actually hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              scoring doesnt equal action though. Otherwise cricket would be far more exciting than all these sports. Which it clearly isnt. The excitement in soccer comes throughout the game, and the action is constant. There are good games and bad games but generally it is very exciting. Same with all sports if you dont know what is going on then it wont be that great.

I understand soccer, but just don't like it. I assume you understand American football, but just don't like it.

You don't like American football and nothing I say is going to change that. It either appeals to you or it doesn't- just like all forms of entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                I understand soccer, but just don't like it. I assume you understand American football, but just don't like it.

You don't like American football and nothing I say is going to change that. It either appeals to you or it doesn't- just like all forms of entertainment.
                Dont get me wrong the whole argument is pointless. If you grow up in a soccer country you will like soccer and in America you like AF.

I actually dont mind American Football, i posted earlier that I watched the Superbowl the other day and had a pretty good time. Granted i was ****faced but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  And also i agree that diving makes football very difficult to watch. I'd advocate retrospective 5 match bans for any player caught diving. See how many try it then...

I wouldnt take it as an indication of softness though, the majority of the time they dive to win penalties or get other players sent of/booked not because it actually hurts.

those fields are way too big for a single ref.

there should be an entire team of them. at least five. i think they dive / embellish to make sure the ref calls a foul, or to entice a ref to throw a card.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    those fields are way too big for a single ref.

there should be an entire team of them. at least five. i think they dive / embellish to make sure the ref calls a foul, or to entice a ref to throw a card.
                    yeah they do, it hurts the image of the game so much. You can tell that by the amount of Americans who comment on it.

They are experimenting at the moment with extra refs on the touchline (either side of the goal) but 5 refs on the pitch might be a bit much!

Like i say, crazy harsh retrospective bans are the way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      I find them both painfully boring but have more respect for the athletes who play soccer than I do for the athletes who play American football, due to the fact that the average amount of time that the football is actually in play in the American version is 11 minutes per 4 hour game.

The rest of that time is wasted on time outs, penalties/play reviews, commercial breaks/advertising, slow motion replays, sideline interviews, and other tedious bull****.

Say what you want about a lot of soccer players being flopping f*ggots (and I'd be inclined to agree) but at least they're actually pushing themselves out there on the field.
                      I assume you've never played football before.

Comment

Working...
                      X