Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the beef with Amir Khan and Carl Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the beef with Amir Khan and Carl Froch?

What's the beef with Amir Khan and Carl Froch?
    Any one know how it started and over what?
    I know that Hatton and Haye all support Khan.
    I think they both support Haye as well.
    Britts are suppose to be stay together..maybe Khan tried to hit on his fiance? hah

Froch doesn't receive as much media attention as the other British fighters do and he doesn't like it. He's always been very critical of Khan and I remember him saying something about Haye?

At least he's shut up about Calzaghe now.

Comment

So basically Froch is bad that Khan get's way more $$$ and media than him...what a jealous man lol

Comment

He doesnt like the fact that khan gets paid more then him, bigger fanbase and generally well known by everyone in the UK.

Froch gets alot of hate even in his hometown, he didnt even get to rep his town holding the olypic tourch!

His awful attempts to call out calzaghe is what most people associate him with.

The papers hardly mentioned the bute win but you can bet khan gets mentioned fighting a club fighter.

Pure and simple jealousy.

Comment

I'd be mad too if somebody who put in less than half the work I put in gets three times as much attention.
          Too bad, even though Khan did the chicken dance twice and will probably go on to face weak opposition, Froch won't get as much recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcupide2 View Post
            So basically Froch is bad that Khan get's way more $$$ and media than him...what a jealous man lol
            I would be pissed also he is ten times the fighter Khan will ever be.

Comment

It is a bit stange as most of the British fighters support eachother. Especially ones in different weight divisions who aren't in competition with eachother.

I think it started with a comment Froch made a while back? Can't quite remember what was said though.

Comment

Froch doesn't really like any British fighters apart from himself lol, He feels like Khan hasnt paid his dues with all the attention/money that he (Khan) gets but you get what comes your way, Am sure Khan would say him traveling around at 15-16 to get qualification for the Olympics and then being the only british boxer good enough to qualify and represent our country at the Olympics is paying his dues.

Comment

Froch is honestly a very boring fighter to watch, with Khan you get pure excitement cuz with him you never know if he is going to get KO'd or if he is going to KO his opponent, its like watching Rocky 3

Froch is just a tosser, i dont see his love for the sport, talks a lot and he got beat by a man with one arm

Comment

Think Froch said something about him a while back and it all escalated from there.

To be honest I think Froch is jealous of the attention Khan has received in his career. One thing I agreed with Angel Garcia was when he said Khan won a Silver medal and we turned him into a star over here. Khan had endorsements spilling out his arse before his first title win and all the TV coverage.

I'm not saying Khan hasn't paid his dues (because I think he has) but he definitely got a lot of exposure/attention too early in his career. But it's not like that's his fault but jesus who has an amateur fight broadcast on ITV the way Khan did before he turned pro.

Froch feels he had to come up the hard way to an extent and even though he's getting more coverage and exposure now, it's still not as big as a David Haye or Amir Khan.

To be honest if I was Froch I'd be pretty pissed too. A guy who I'm better than and fought better competition than, gets more exposure/praise.

Comment

Working...
                    X