No announcement yet.

TEDDY ATLAS: "I`m confused at the Big Shots at HBO"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    Why do you care what a fighter makes? If you want to see better fights, that's fine.

But you are hating on guys because you only make $17/hour.
    This guys signature at the bottom looks alot like what Mayweather vs Pacquiao would look like. Just running in throwing left-right-left- etc..............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Atlas is right on this. HBO is dumb for paying bums like Berto, Bradley and Alexander so much when they are all average fighters and will never be a big attraction.
      The number 1 guy at 140 is a bum now,please explain further.

Comment

It depends who Alexander fights next. If it's Maidana then the purse is justified.

Comment

He might be right about Berto but he is completely wrong about Alexander. HBO promised the loser a big fight because these are two really great fighters. Only one can win and the other losses. Just because Devon lost, doesn't mean he isn't better than Khan or any other guy not named Bradley at 140.

Comment

Im noticing there is a lot of hate for the fact that black fighters are getting paid to fight. Everybody getting mad by bringing up al haymon. If the fighters managers would do their job they would get paid to.

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
              That's why HBO is not in the fortune telling business. They thought they will have a gold mine if they pit 2 undefeated, in their prime American boxers in a unification bout. They couldn't even draw flies in their fight if their lives depend on it.

I hope this unexpected debacle doesn't stop HBO on putting fights like this, they might hit the jackpot one of these days...
              Yep, 334 people. Nice prediction that you couldn't even back up with a source. Here's my source, it's ESPN and it was over 6300 people. Your creditability as a journalist is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                Im noticing there is a lot of hate for the fact that black fighters are getting paid to fight. Everybody getting mad by bringing up al haymon. If the fighters managers would do their job they would get paid to.
                Where is all of this hate for "black fighters" getting paid to fight, I don't see it.

Black or white, a gaurantee of an additional million+ if you lose? Thats rediculous. In my opinion they should take the total purse of a fight and say winner gets 70% and loser gets 30%, then you'd see fights. This gaurantee of a million+ is not much incentive to rough it out and try to pull out the win in a tough fight, whether you are black or white. Where do these racialy confused people come from?..............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
                  Does Teddy Atlas have a point? Is it easier to lose your undefeated record if you're guarantedd a minimum of $1.25 million for your next fight?

Atlas is right, but that's the only way timmah and devon would fight each other and risk their undefeated records.

Comment

I think in theory it was a good plan but it didn't work out like that because alexander fought like ****, now they will have to put him in there with a name to justify the money, it would have to be zab, or maidana or the berto-ortiz winner. Something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                      Has nothing to do with these fighters being black. It has to do with HBO paying undeserving fighters millions of dollars and reducing HBO's budget for future fights that may not happen because they blew their wad on fights like Berto vs Joe Shmo and guaranteeing the loser of Bradley/Alexander another million dollar payday.

Comment

Working...
                      X