No announcement yet.

Steve Collins = Over rated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    I remember him aggressively calling out Roy Jones. Collins was a real solid fighter, but nobody thought he had a chance to beat Roy at 168.
    His style suggested he'd do as good as Vinny Pazienza without getting KOed. And I definitely had Vinny winning some early rounds. Well maybe 1 or 2...

Comment

Just watched Collins - Eubank II again. Scored it a draw. Gave the last 3 rounds to Eubank and the first 2. Also gave him the 6th round. I honestly saw like 6 swing rounds.

Comment

I remember him aggressively calling out Roy Jones. Collins was a real solid fighter, but nobody thought he had a chance to beat Roy at 168.
        Yeah, he wouldn't have had much of a shot against Jones. Collins was a tough guy though so he would've given it a go. I remember Collins also calling out Leonard when Leonard was contemplating one of his comebacks.

Comment

Such a strong body, looked to be afraid.

Such a strong body, looked to be afraid.

Comment

I don't think anyone can beat Jones at 168. In a 3 fight series anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
              The rematch was the fight more people thought Eubank won....including one of the judges.
              You & that judge are the only people won thought Eubank won.

Comment

Just watched Collins - Eubank II again. Scored it a draw. Gave the last 3 rounds to Eubank and the first 2. Also gave him the 6th round. I honestly saw like 6 swing rounds.
                see... maybe you'll get it right if you watch it another time, you're getting close

although I believe Collins easily won the fight on the cards, god, that was not pretty

hypnotized Collins was fighting a bit like a caveman, swinging a lot, rushing out of his corner at the beginning of every round, but the most funny part was the way he hit the mat with his lead foot to create a feint, but the kind of feint you would use to scare a little dog away, not a boxer

Comment

Originally posted by LeTombeur View Post
                  see... maybe you'll get it right if you watch it another time, you're getting close

although I believe Collins easily won the fight on the cards, god, that was not pretty

hypnotized Collins was fighting a bit like a caveman, swinging a lot, rushing out of his corner at the beginning of every round, but the most funny part was the way he hit the mat with his lead foot to create a feint, but the kind of feint you would use to scare a little dog away, not a boxer
                  I don't score ineffective aggression. Even the judges that gave it to Collins didn't have it wide. Far from a "whitewash".

Comment

Hopefully you don't become a professional judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
                      Hopefully you don't become a professional judge.
                      I could say the same of you.

Comment

Working...
                      X