No announcement yet.

Last night proved making weight hurt Cotto against Pacman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
    Cotto'd downfall was losing his composure. Pac was well on his way to winning via comfortable UD based on activity though. But, a neutral assessment of that fight shows you two things:

Cotto's jab was causing damage. (Pac won that mind game, kudos to him)

Cotto must not lose his composure and remain calm at all times, exchanging with Pac is asking to be murked.

Cotto had no power in that fight, when Pac tangled him up you could see his strength was not there, this same guy who powerbombed Clottey.. I dunno, no one can tell me he was not weak.

but cotto did have power in that fight... he busted pac's eardrum.. loook u r just assuming pac has no power.. fact is if someone whos in there with at least an equal amount of strength. when u tangle up, it will look like a stalemate.. it just only shows cotto did not outstrength pac.. and we can come to the conclusion pac is one strong mofo.. u have to be if ur knocking out people left and right

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRoyJones View Post
      Cotto is not the kind of guy to make an excuse. He's a true warrior, but that don't change the fact that he was setup to fail.
      Setup to fail man? 1 lb less than he weighed in for the clottey fight.. 146 to 145.

Comment

What unfair advantage did Manny have over Cotto who has a history of coming in at less than 147? Are you telling me that it was the one pound that made Cotto get his **** pushed in?

Cotto came in at

146 vs Quintana
        146.5 vs Judah
        146.25 vs Mosley
        146.50 vs Gomez
        146 vs Clottey

In 9 fights at welterweight, Miguel Cotto has weighed in at less than 147 pounds 5 times. Again, for the slow and stupid,

Miguel Cotto has come into a welterweight fight at less than 147 pounds for over half of his fights at welterweight.

Comment

Didn't cotto say he would be willing to go back to 147? I could of sworn bigpoppapump posted something with that exact quote straight from Cotto's mouth.

Comment

Stop making excuses for Cotto, he got beat fair and square. Cotto was in great shape for Pacquaio, he just wasn't good enough. To be honest as good as Cotto looked, the fight was pretty even until Foreman's knee injury, then there was only going to be one outcome. I'm not taking anything away from Cotto - it was a good win, but he could be anyh weight he liked against Pacquaio and I don't see any other result.

Comment

The fight was not even...

Comment

Working...
              X